HybridZ

Texas Turbo Tom 240 to LS2/T56/Magnacharger build

I was going to pick up the car on Saturday am, but I will have to work. so I have to wait another week. I will try to work the bugs out with some help of others so that the car will be back up and running, until I can decide what to do. Mom and daughter are home and healthy! 7lbs14oz. I see why my dad got a 2+2 and played with that back in the day.

Mom and daughter are home and healthy! 7lbs14oz.

Congratulations! Just remember - family comes first! I know, I have to keep reminding myself :D. Early morning hours when nobody's up an excellent time to work on the Z.

Edited by rossman

I will have more time to work on the z as I laid-off my regular job I have had for 9 years. No sweat I have already been developing my own company over the last few years so rungs should still be good.... Just no benefits.......

Edited by texis30O

• 2 weeks later...

Car got home without issue. Temp was good. I washed her for the first time in 3 years. I have the dyno files but dont know how to post them any ideas? Ofcourse the trip was not without issue....... I decided to play a little bit and ended up getting sparks flying out of my hood, I am glad I did not have it closed all of the way.....

Battery VS. boost......

34hev7s.jpg

Here are some carb pics I have as well......

10y3ypf.jpg

fep8hi.jpg

fep8hi.jpg

6pch8z.jpg

zl98ig.jpg

2lpco6.jpg

35c07fa.jpg

So I found a MAJOR problem. The vacum line that went into the primary off of the turbo to feed presure into the carb had been bent, mangles and cracked. I have pulled the carb apart completely and it is a a shop down the road getting a new line put in. Once that is back together I should be able to see what the car can do. I think that this would change things up on the dyno as well. But we will see.

The car is back together. Running like a scalded ape. I now have to figure out why I have no tail lights or blinkers. I guess I can insure this jap tin can death trap and get it in the road. Of course there are still lots of things to do. Next I believe is the suspension and brakes......

The machine shop drilled out the old vacum line and put in an aluminum one in its place. Shorter,stronger and no leaks. I would be interested to see what the car does in the dyno now that I believe it is sorted out. Andrew funk you did for the help with the carb. I would have been lost with out the help. I will try to get some video of it driving.

Glad to hear you got it running again. Curious to see if the dyno results change and the resulting air fuel ratios. Once you have good a/f ratios at cruise and under boost, keep playing with the water injection start pressure and timing advance/return to fight and pinging. If i ever put my wideband back in my turbo tom's car i will take a video of some pulls. Enjoy driving it!

• 2 months later...

Changes coming. Major changes..... I am currently working out the details but I will be updating the car. I am never in town long enough to get my hands dirty. I am having to turn the car over to a shop to finish out what I don't have time for. I have a new job that has me all over the place, even when I am in town I am grinding out hours and don't have anything left in me to work on the car. I can either sell it. ( not going to happen) Or finish it to be able to play with..... I chose the latter. I am also considering a dropped 4 door tundra with a Paxton or a Vortec supercharger for a DD in the coming year so I need to get the Z on the road.

• 2 months later...

The kit is sold. I am in the process of re packaging it for the new buyer to help with shipping costs. I sold the NOS kit with it. However I still have all of my Stewart Warner gauges that will be going up for sale when I get a chance to pull them out of the car. My seats, Suede Corbeaus, will be going up for sale as well. I am going with the original seats with a twist..... little by little the car is finally coming around. It is just taking some extra work on my behalf.....which I don't mind working a little more as long as the money goes to the Z.

@BluDestiny, Yes I do have a 05 Tundra, but not for long. I am about to pick up a 07 CrewMax, 2WD, and either put a TRD blower on it or a NOS/race fuel kit to spray at will. I want a DD truck with around 500 to the wheels. It will help me get to work faster.......

• 3 months later...

b8mnmp.jpg

N42 block, N42 head, Schnider cam, balanced lightened crank, little head work, Roto-master turbo, Dual injector factory manifold.

hs2em0.jpg

2ngy1is.jpg

qsscwj.jpg

I will be installing the 5 speed that was with this set up.  Until I grenade it.  Then I will swap to a Z32 as I have the A.Hoke kit sitting by.  I will also be installing a R200 LSD unit that I picked up.  I will be changing the ignition system to be coil on plug, as well as MS3.  I have a whole new gauge set up that will all be Speed Hut..... I have been saving up for these changes. 

The original seats have been recovered and I have added black suede diamond tuck patterns in the centers.  I will be picking those up tomorrow if I have time after work. I will also be changing over all of the interior vinyl to a black suede with diamond tuck pattern in the near future.  After I get all of this done I will be going after the brakes and suspension.  Still lots left to do. 

• 4 weeks later...