HybridZ

RHD 280ZX w/ RB26 and AWD.... 13" brakes Z32 brakes and coilovers

Z-Fever

• 2 months later...

Sort of off topic but here is a link to someone who has done an AWD conversion to an R31 if you are interested. The big difference I see with most AWD conversions and a Z is the engine position. In a GTR the engine is much more forward so there is going to be more fab than in cars like R31's and S12's and all the other cars that have had this done to them.

Edited by ovenfood

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

First off, congratulations on acquiring a RHD 280Z! I was beginning to think NO ONE ELSE in the US had one of these rare lil' nuggets of goodness! I've only owned mine for about 10 months, and took it from "mothballed over a decade and not running" to now a daily driver. there are still issues, of course, BUT...

Ya just don't see these things on the road! biggrin.gif

I'd be interested in knowing if you had to fab any parts in getting the 5-lug to fit, and if so, whether you could fab/sell them to me. I'm a technician at a local indie shop, but we dont have any of the expertise to fab brake/suspension parts... at least, not to a degree i'd be willing to trust my S130 on!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful project, and i'll probably be calling you about this!

Sorry I never responded to this... I had my settings wrong and was not getting email notifications. We can build these anytime and in fact are buidling another Z like this in our shop right now. Call me at 813-877-7600 if you are interested

Doug