HybridZ

2468 build

Buying a 77 280 today to start a build on , I am using most of the v8 hardware fom my v8 240z rust bucket and interior pieces and roll bar from a 260 ,will post pics as it progresses , crossing my fingers sale goes through today for the 280z , picture is my rust bucket v8 240z .

post-24206-019607800 1318187972_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobzzzz

Looks like a done deal ....pick up the car saturday [ 77 280z ] first thing is to start fabricating JTR motor mounts so I can get rid of the hooker/scarab mounts and start looking around for a better transmission than the saginaw 4 speed I have , not going to start striping the v8 240z till the 280z arives, picture is of the 77 280z .

post-24206-043465900 1318187900_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobzzzz

So far it's in realy good shape , cleaned it out and removed bumpers,seats,and carpet to get a better look , next I'm going to start disconecting everything from the engine so I can pull it and the transmission out .

I will post pics as soon as my wife lets me use her camera.

Time for a beer ! :cheers:

f I dont come up with some cash or find someone who will trade for them I will probably make them , I pulled the 240 allmost completely apart and the motor mounts that were on it were made of two rubber blocks [each side] one rubber block to the engine and one rubber block to the frame with a bolt pinning them together , not sure what type they are but they mount in the scarab/hooker/nordskog position

I installed the rear disks from the 240 onto the 280 today and I am trying to figure out if there is a residual pressure valve I should remove , and if I should change the proportioning valve for a adjustable one

Dat 260 , It's kinda hard to take you seriously , the JTR mounts cost less from JTR than what you are charging ,passenger set back plate $25 drivers set back plate $30 passenger spacer $20 drivers spacer $25 rack spacers $20 trany crossmember $65 .

The mount parts themselves are only $100 from JTR unless you also want the rack spacer and trany crossmember then it bumps up to $185 which is still less than the $200 you are trying to charge for your home made parts :wacko: .

Edited by bobzzzz

It actually come to $235. My kit has everything except the driveshaft adapter and the speedometer cable. From your post, I see you need only the motor mounts. My kit is complete minus those two pieces. If your interested make me an offer.

Pulled all the rest of the suspension on the 240 , found it had Eibach springs all the way around and it had a billet aluminum diff mount , the rear struts also had some homemade camber plates .

I'm not sure what brand but the sway bars are much thicker than stock and the rear sway bar is mounted to the verticle supports behind the mustash bar and not to the body ...its behind the axle facing forward ,the verticle supports are different in that they have a place to mount the sway bar brackets, I like the fact that it is supported on suspension parts instead of the body so its going in the 280 along with the matching front bar I allready swaped over.

The eibach springs are for 240s so they are too short for 280 struts so if I dont swap the complete strut [havent decided yet] then I will be selling the Eibachs or looking to trade .

Anybody have the measurements of a 240 strut ? so I can check to see if these have been cut down .

Edited by bobzzzz

Here is a pic of the mounts , ever seen these before ? I have seen the engine half before but never seen the chassis half

Scroll down to the last post in this thread

Those are my homade JTR mounts. See how much they set back the block compared to the ones you posted here.

HTH

chris