HybridZ

2468 build

Nice work!those look pretty stout,I noticed the spacer is betweet the plate and block on the pass side and on the drivers side the plate is betwees the spacer and block ...any particular reason? clearance?

I want[need] to get mounts that set the engine back , I'm not puting it back together with the mounts I found in it so if I cant trade for some I will have to buy them or make them

Nice work!those look pretty stout,I noticed the spacer is betweet the plate and block on the pass side and on the drivers side the plate is betwees the spacer and block ...any particular reason? clearance?

On the passenger side the spacer has to be next to the block because the plate will not set flat because of the fuel pump protrusion. Drivers' side could go either way but to me, with the plate close to the block it looks like more exhaust header clearance. I plan to use the Sanderson street rod long tube headers and am going to mock it up outside before dropping it in.

Soon as I save enough coin for heads and headers, I'll see how it works. Might need to notch mounts on drivers' side to clear.

chris

• 3 weeks later...

Got my set back plates and spacers yesterday :-D beautifull machine work [made by NCchris]

Maby someone can help on this or confirm , if I put the drivers side set back plate against the block then I wont need to trim the motor mount , but if I put the spacer against the block then I will need to trim the mount ....any issues with puting the set back plate against the block ? it seems and looks like more clearance to me and in the JTR book in chapter 3 on page 10 it shows a mock up with the set back plate against the block so...which way is it supposed to go ? either way ? :confused:

Edited by Robzzzz

what did the set back plates run u?

I got the plates and spacers for $100 shiped , $50 for the spacers and $50 for the plates including shipping ,I know its about the same price as JTR but I saved money on shipping and they are realy much nicer than the JTR pieces , NCchris does some beautifull machine work.

could you post some pics.. i think he may have some more bissness? what are you planing on doin for the trans mount

The pics are his from one of his posts in the

"parts for sale" section ,these are the same as the ones he made for me .

I will post pics of mine asap , as for the trany mount I think I am going to make my own out of some thick aluminum plate I have , seems strong enough.

edit. sorry the pics are so tiny

post-24206-024649200 1321479382_thumb.jpg

post-24206-008102700 1321479404_thumb.jpg

post-24206-052874900 1321479427_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robzzzz