HybridZ

building the first RB260Z in Germany

Spoony

hi guys,

im from germany and would like to build the first RB260Z in my country. i could need some help, because there is no one i can ask here in my area ;)

i would like to intodruce myself and use this topic for my endless questions ;)

i had a lot of import cars, single build supra mk4 (600hp), single build r34gtr (750hp), r33gtr (350hp), r32gtr(400hp) and r34gtt (stock). i had some tries in mapping and build some engines on my own. now im looking for a new challenge and bought a 260z. i was in california for holidays, my plan was to buy a supercharger kit for my 911 at VF engineering but they were closed that day. i was really pissed because i left disney land earlier for that buy and they had inventory on that day.

so i started to look for a car to get a nice souvenier, found my 260z, called a cab to go there, fell in love and bought it.

the car will arrive in the beginning of november, cant wait to see it again :D

im glad i didnt buy this supercharger, 911 are best when they are stock, its a daily driver and i dont want any problems with it.

here are some pictures of my cars:

gtt and gtr 32

img0766x.jpg

perfect condition and toyo888, really nice when it comes to cornering

img0744e.jpg

my 750hp r34 gtr, build by sky engineering in holland

30427_122501211119360_100000784457140_110681_4567515_n.jpg

on the dyno, 4wd shaft disconnected:

my 911:

229409_203486116354202_100000784457140_487901_5732869_a.jpg

248689_203486256354188_100000784457140_487903_4386632_n.jpg

and my new love :D

img1621h.jpg

img1595jt.jpg

all skylines are gone, my 911 and the 260Z will stay here. i only have space for two cars in my garage ;)

i allread bought a rb25 and a r33gtst gearbox. my plan is to go for 500hp on the stock block.

engine mounts will be from mckinney, im not sure about the other stuff i will buy, hope you can help me with some decisions.

thanks

eddie

we have 50 Z cars in germany, most are 280z and zx. i guess there wont be more than 3 260z here in germany.

i have never seen one on the streets, and i dirve a lot :D

the r34gtr was really nice. when it was finally finished after 9 months i let my best friend drive it. he supported me with driving and bringing parts etc. and i thought it would be a nice bonus to let him drive. he lost control in a corner and crashed the car at a tree, i was sitting on the passenger seat. never gave me a buck for the accident and i sold the car with the accident. friendship and money gone, thats why you should never vest cars or girls ;)

the "autobahn" is 5 min driving from me. we dont have speed limits, only in some areas but there are not many in my area :D

but i prefer my 911 for that. fast from factory, good brakes and you can push it from hamburg to munich with full throttle ;)

Spoony is starting to become my favorite newbie. Although im a newbie myself '__' Feel free to post questions on the rb forums for I have just finished building my own 260z rb25det and have fresh information still in my head. Glad to see you chose a califronia z since most z in california are rust free. Also put in mind that the 260z has an open differential. You should put and limited slip differential on your list.

Edited by David GArcia

Dang it... I was going to say send my that r34 and I'd send You my rb26ttz..... then I saw the last sentence where You said they are gone.... bummer :(

I thought that you could only import 1996 r33 and above gtr's and gts-t's. I think r32 and r34 skylines' are still illegal in the United States.

the "autobahn" is 5 min driving from me. we dont have speed limits, only in some areas but there are not many in my area :D

but i prefer my 911 for that. fast from factory, good brakes and you can push it from hamburg to munich with full throttle ;)

I was surprised when I went to Germany on vacation as I traveled the Autobahn and never saw anything but a white R34 (GTR?) that seemed to have been converted to left hand drive. He was driving pretty slowly, twas a number of years ago before I even had or thought about putting an RB into a Z when the Skyline was a mythical car to me haha. I remember snapping a few pictures and being excited haha. I was surprised that I saw an R34 as I was expecting to see some Porsches and BMWs rocketing down the expressway. The only cars I saw was the R34 and a Porsche Boxster (meh) and both were driving very civilized haha. I figured it had something to do with gas prices or something.

I seem to see R34s in the oddest of places. That one in Germany and another one that looked highly modified who was driving (illegally? lol) down Broadway in the city I live in. I also saw a 700 hp R34 build on a lift at Drift Speed where I had my car tuned.

Now interestingly while in Ireland I saw quite a few sweet cars of different variety from Ferrari to Skylines.

Yeah, Im a car nut...

Edited by jakeoster

our fuel prices are crazy. i was in the usa this summer, people yelling arround about fuel prices there....ours is more than double :D

but i have a company car, dont have to pay the fuel for it. im driving my cars just for fun ;)

i have some questions because i have to order some parts next week. here is my plan, if you have any other ideas, post them.

im buying the engine mounts from mcginney, mr wong isnt building them anymore, any other source for that?

im also ordering the rb25 downpipe, they dont have it in their webside but in their shop, 230$.

is the throttle cable kit (119$) worth the money or is it easy to swap on my own?

where can i get a cheap oil pan? my plan was to order ist for 499$ from enjukuracing but they dont answer my emails and dont have a phone number on their webside. if have seen someone offering the welding of the stock one here in the forum, is this still actuall? who offers them, dont need a fancy one, just something that does the job. i can weld on my own, if i could see how it has to be done, i could do it on my own, any topic here in this forum?

i wanted to order the fenders, gfk bumpers front/back and front spoiler from the Z store.shipping is really expensive to germany. they only send it with fedex express. usps is not an option.

i need some disc brakes at the back. which is the best option? modern motorsport? z-store? which kit is mostly used by you?

is there any other online store i can compare prices or might get all the parts from one adress (found mcginney, zstore, modern motorsport, enjuko)? shipping costs are really high, and i loose a lot of money because im ordering from 3 different stores...

is there any shop in the uk? shipping costs would be much cheaper from there...for example, bumpers and fenders are 420$ shipping costs....ordering the RB wheels from rota UK is only 40 gbp shipping costs for all four.

Nice car!

I'm from the Netherlands and had contact with someone in Germany with a RB26DETT Datsun 260Z. I emailed back and forth with him, but on my old mail @ work. Forgot to send forward his email...

Will see if I can find him on the net.

Good luck with the build! [i'm going for a VQ35 engine]

I build the ALL the RB oil pans for Enjuku racing. They arn't answering your calls or return your emails. I assure you that I would be happy to build you one. PM me and we will work out the details.

Edited by pat1

I have a good offer for a RB26 engine. The RB25 is allready bought but if i go for over 400HP it would be easier with the RB26. Its more money now, but i dont have to upgrade the turbo and injectors for 400HP. My skyline tuner (Sky Engineering from Holland) gets them to 430HP with stock turbos and a remap with our 102 octane fuel. I would not have to buy a new intake manifold, i hate the piping over the head on the stock RB25.

What do you think? If i sell the RB25 i would have to pay 1.500€ more for the RB26. Is it worth the money?

Edited by Spoony