HybridZ

New 280Z owner. VH build

boatdude13

This is a long term project that I have recently taken on.

The car is a 1977 280Z. It does not run and I will eventually be selling the engine and 4speed.

IMG_1850.jpg

10022011_002.jpg

The engine is a '90 VH45DE. It will be coupled to a 300zx transmission.

SAM_0655.jpg

SAM_0654.jpg

This is a long term project. I am in school and basically broke. This will all be done by me so progress will be slow.

If you are excited and frustrated at the pace, believe me, you aren't as impatient as I am

• 2 weeks later...

I see you watching me. What are you doing now that you sold your motor? I'm not using my stock one.

I sold my L28ET. Now I have my Q45 up on stands to pull the engine trans and diff to put in my '70 240Z. I'm having trouble finding time right now but it's a start.

• 2 months later...

I sold my L28ET. Now I have my Q45 up on stands to pull the engine trans and diff to put in my '70 240Z. I'm having trouble finding time right now but it's a start.

Dropping the Q45 out this weekend. I thought i would cut the front support but after getting everything loose I think I will roll it out in the driveway and lift the front end up and pull it out the bottom. Interestingly the rear suspension drops out as an assembly too. I do that after the E/T. I guess I'll start my own build thread lol. How you doin?

• 2 months later...

Dropping the Q45 out this weekend. I thought i would cut the front support but after getting everything loose I think I will roll it out in the driveway and lift the front end up and pull it out the bottom. Interestingly the rear suspension drops out as an assembly too. I do that after the E/T. I guess I'll start my own build thread lol. How you doin?

Any pics of your progress?

Matt

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...