HybridZ

No oil pressure!!!

ZT-R

Well I was playing with my two step settings on my ems and all the sudden my oil pressure drops to 0psi. I **** my pants and turned it off, changed the oil pressure sender, fired it up, still no pressure. Bought a crappy sunpro mechanical and still no pressure. I was seeing 70psi and idle and 100 with any sort of throttle. My pressure port is on my greddy sandwich though. Maybe something messed up there? Tomorrow i think i will losen my oil filter and crank it up. see what happens. I dont hear any noise coming from the oil pump area and i dont hear a rod knocking yet...

Any clues?

Brand new N1 oil pump with external pickup and a McKinney pan filled to 6 quarts.

Ehhh this bullet is looking mighty tempting right now.

Don't loosen the oil filter and start it up. Remove the oil pump and check it. You may have broken the two drive tangs in the top of the pump. Shattering the gears is rare, generally catastrophic, and the car would not run because you would have no distributor drive.

Don't loosen the oil filter and start it up. Remove the oil pump and check it. You may have broken the two drive tangs in the top of the pump. Shattering the gears is rare, generally catastrophic, and the car would not run because you would have no distributor drive.

This is a RB motor....

Did you check the snout of the crank when you put the N1 pump on? Often on RB's there is a very small contact area between the crank snout and the oil pump drive, which can round off and then.... your oil pump no longer spins. I think you would have noticed it though if it was badly worn.

Thats a known weakness with RB pumps, and there are collars that you can get to expand the contact area.

Hope that helps,

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Shattered the drive gear on the oil pump maybe? Two stepin is helll on oil pumps....

Joel, never heard that before..... care to explain

BTW not being a smart ass.... really never heard that.

Edited by stony

Joel, never heard that before..... care to explain

BTW not being a smart ass.... really never heard that.

I'm not experienced with this personally, it's a subject I've read about after seeing it posted on the RB sites. I just made a guess that was the cause, due to the same thing being documented on the other forums.

http://www.skylife4ever.com/2011/01/real-problem-with-rb26-oil-pump.html

• 2 weeks later...