HybridZ

breather tank bypass?

intangible3

I have a 260z and a vapor expansion tank(just like yours except its black and looks a little different). I did a l28et swap and got rid of it(also running no charcoal canister). I believe some models of the 240z didn't even come with the tank(i believe i read it was the Japanese models, someone here can verify for you). I just have the largest breather hose coming from the gas tank(15mm) going directly to the vent/breather tube on the gas filler neck on the inside of the car. This makes it so when your pumping gas the vapors can escape allowing you to fill the tank. Otherwise, if you don't have any type of breather, you will be unable to pump gas. I'm just about to start my turbo swap this weekend so I can't tell you exactly how it work for me but it should be just fine. There's a thread on here that talks about deleting it in depth try searching "Gas/vapor expansion tank." I will try to find the thread and post the link later.......

I have a 260z and a vapor expansion tank(just like yours except its black and looks a little different). I did a l28et swap and got rid of it(also running no charcoal canister). I believe some models of the 240z didn't even come with the tank(i believe i read it was the Japanese models, someone here can verify for you). I just have the largest breather hose coming from the gas tank(15mm) going directly to the vent/breather tube on the gas filler neck on the inside of the car. This makes it so when your pumping gas the vapors can escape allowing you to fill the tank. Otherwise, if you don't have any type of breather, you will be unable to pump gas. I'm just about to start my turbo swap this weekend so I can't tell you exactly how it work for me but it should be just fine. There's a thread on here that talks about deleting it in depth try searching "Gas/vapor expansion tank." I will try to find the thread and post the link later.......

So, you're only tank breather goes to the filler tube that's sealed tight when the gas cap is installed? Think there might be a problem with that setup?

FYI... Keep the vapor can the associated vent hoses. It works very well as long as the vent hoses are in good shape and the connections are tight.

So, you're only tank breather goes to the filler tube that's sealed tight when the gas cap is installed? Think there might be a problem with that setup?

FYI... Keep the vapor can the associated vent hoses. It works very well as long as the vent hoses are in good shape and the connections are tight.

Sorry, about that. I'm also running the the vent hose off the tank directly to the vent tube on the chassis, up to the engine bay with just a filter on the tube at the end.

Vaopr tank removal Write up on how to remove it :)