HybridZ

1972 240Z RB26DETT build

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates. Car is back from the bodyshop. We decided to do the underside, interior, engine bay and door jambs etc first. We will then assemble the car and take it back to the bodyshop for the full exterior spray. This is being done to avoid the chips and scratches while undergoing assembly.

The interior of the vehicle received a "lizard skin" type spray on sound deadener application to the firewall, tunnel, hatch area, wheel wells and floors. It is already a noticeably less "tinny" sound. I then began to install the "FatMat" insulation. Yes...this will add weight to the car however I want this car to be as rattle free and quiet inside as possible. This is primarily a street car. I guess I'll have to dial up the boost a pound or so to compensate. :rolleyes: It is hard to see but this is a photo of the sprayed on sound deadener.

DSCI0009-1.jpg

DSCI0012-1.jpg

Here you can see the "Fatmat" being applied..yes..theres a lot of it. You can also see in this photo the paint colour changing a bit to bronze. As mentioned...this is the Nissan "titanium" paint (Code is KAC)

DSCI0013.jpg

Painted wheelwells.

DSCI0017.jpg

DSCI0006.jpg

underside of car...in this light paint looks more grey...

DSCI0005-1.jpg

Underside of car and hatch area where fuel cell will be installed. Arizona Z car billet stuff installed.

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0018.jpg

More to come soon...Techno toy tuning front and rear control arms and T/C rods later today...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not been working on the car for some time as my mother fought hard against a recurrence of her Cancer. She lost the battle on May 28, 2012. I will be back to working on the car shortly. Make sure you give your loved ones a big hug and kiss when you see them. Andrew

I have not been working on the car for some time as my mother fought hard against a recurrence of her Cancer. She lost the battle on May 28, 2012. I will be back to working on the car shortly. Make sure you give your loved ones a big hug and kiss when you see them. Andrew

I'm very sorry to hear that Drew.... my condolences to you and family!!

I know that subject first hand. I hope mine does not come back. I can't imagine her thoughts finding out that her's returned.

Take care my friend....

j.

• 2 months later...

Slow progress but here are some updates:

3.7 LSD with added clutch packs and new bearings/seals

IMG_0741.jpg

Differential installed with Arizona Z car mounts and mustache bar and techno toy tuning adjustable lower control arms. Diff cover is cermachrome.

IMG_0744.jpg

Wolf Creek Racing CV shafts

IMG_0750.jpg