HybridZ

Can anyone give me some info on this Oldschool 4BBL carb manifold?

VenomousType

Hey fellas..

okay some have already see my other thread, and I figured some on here might know where this thing came from..

We found this on another S30 in a Junkyard here in Atlanta.. Its actually very nicely fabricated and my homeboy (who is a ducati builder, and fabricator) noticed it in the junkyard..

he told me and my folks about it and said he thought it might be pretty neat to pick it up.. so I did, just to see...

so fastforward, the manifold is on and it runs great(still need to rejet the holley a little though).. which led to my build in the first place.. this was the first modification to the car.

and after a bit.. I wondered.. who made this?

anyone have any ideas??

check it out.. I know its hard to see.

6265159807_55263ed154_o.jpg

6265159753_9b755b34ce_o.jpg

6265159701_eabfff8992_o.jpg

thanks for your help fellas!

I'm no expert but my guess would be it was made by Cartech... Arizona Z and Clifford completly replaced the intake manifold with thier designs. Yours looks like it bolts to the SU manifold and Cartech is the only one I am aware of that did this...

Just my guess tho...

My mom has the same one on her 260Z. It came on there when she bought it. Needless to say it was one of the first things that went. Its not home made, well it still may be, but they sold more than one of them. It looks like a nightmare for fuel puddling and poor airflow with all the square edges on the box that the carb bolts to, not to mention the downward swoop of the macaroni elbow thing that bolts to the stock manifolds.

My 260 originally had the same 4barrel setup on it when I bought it. I never used it, I replaced it with a set of su's. From what I've gathered, the 4 barrel piece was made by turbo toms back in the day. The base is identical to the ones used in the draw through kits. This assumption was also reenforced when I talked with another Z owner that was using one. He verified that it was indeed a turbo Tom piece.

That thing looks like it would boil the fuel in the bowls the way the carb sits below the two outter branches of the manifold... Not something I'd want to run personally...

I had several of the 4bbl kits on my Zcars over the years (owned 22 of these things) and they never really performed as well as a properly setup SU carb combo... The advantage of the holley was that you could find someone knowledgable about the carbs... and parts are easy to find... I forget what the jet sizes were I used but I think the range was in the "50s."

Mike

I am willing to scan the info that I have for the carb kit as well as the turbo kit. I just don't have a place to host it from. I was wanting to make "my own web page" but to tell you the truth it is beyond my knowledge to do so. That way All of the TT stuff could live on easily acessable. I have tons of info, the guy who used to own my car used to own his own shop to install stuff for the Z as well as some Mazda stuff. I have Cartech info on their kits as well.....