HybridZ

RHD Z wanted!

GT-R345

That's a sketchy ad. The S31 VIN prefix means it's a '76-78 car, definitely not a 1970. I hope he has receipts for all he says he's done...

Yea true. The body styling doesn't look like an S30 either. The headlights have the newer S31 look.

Thanks Datsun63 for the link and thanks Leon for the input

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea true. The body styling doesn't look like an S30 either. The headlights have the newer S31 look.

Thanks Datsun63 for the link and thanks Leon for the input

Not a problem, but here is some more info. The S30 and S31 have the same body, or at least superficially so. The analogy is akin to that of a 240Z versus a 280Z. The rest of the world never got the 280Z, but instead had the 260Z from '74 up until '77. The VIN prefix for the updated model had S31 instead of S30, and its frame and interior updates were similar to the 260Z. I'm not sure whether it changed to S31 in '74 or '75. I'm not an expert in the field, but have managed to gather this much. Someone correct me if necessary.

The front end of that car, not just the light buckets, is a "G-nose" conversion. It did not come from the factory that way.

• 2 weeks later...