HybridZ

advertisement for the search button

Guest cameronqp

Guest cameronqp

When ever I ask a question I want an answer to it not the location of the search button. When I use the search button guess what i find...more people telling people where the search button is. What's wrong with answering a stupid question?

You make a valid point. While many members are tired of repeatedly having to answer the same question – especially elementary questions – the flip side is a snarky indifference to the innocent newcomers who want friendly encouragement and a sounding board to echo their ideas, as much as they want technical advice.

Unfortunately this forum is becoming a victim of its own success. Now it is more of a library, an archive or repository, than a discussion group. It used to be a bunch of guys yakking at each other trying to figure things out. Internet forums used to be the nerdy man’s alternative to the biker bar or the downtown club… it’s a place to relax, to trade gabs and jabs with one’s buddies, and maybe to pick up the occasional technical nugget of wisdom. Now it’s a kind of medieval monastery, the hallowed keeper of knowledge of antiquity, lovingly preserving fine learning while being surrounded by illiterate peasants and idle lords.