HybridZ

Rear LCA Set Up Help

I'm in the process of changing my rear components, and I want to finally use the set of custom LCA's. Question is, how/ what is the best way to end up with as close to correct placement of the rear wheels, as they were before putting the adjustable LCA's on, so I can drive it to a shop for alignment?

I have no idea where to set the adjustment of the rod ends. I do have the stock LCA's still attached to the strut tubes. Is it possible to go off of that somehow?

post-181-012096300 1321136964_thumb.jpg

post-181-048513800 1321136967_thumb.jpg

I'm in the process of changing my rear components, and I want to finally use the set of custom LCA's. Question is, how/ what is the best way to end up with as close to correct placement of the rear wheels, as they were before putting the adjustable LCA's on, so I can drive it to a shop for alignment?

I have no idea where to set the adjustment of the rod ends. I do have the stock LCA's still attached to the strut tubes. Is it possible to go off of that somehow?

post-181-012096300 1321136964_thumb.jpg

post-181-048513800 1321136967_thumb.jpg

Try to measure the stock LCA's to get a basic measurement from center to center? That would get you started. Then I would try putting the car on the ground (wheels under load) with a 2x4 next to each rear wheel at hub level horizontally (a paint can gets it very close to the middle). Then you can align the wheel using the board to be parallel to the body which will get you really close.