HybridZ

KMAC Alignment Kit with Megan S13 Coils

Hey everybody,

Just curious if anyone has thought of these two items used in conjunction. I just don't get the warm fuzzy cutting into my shock tower mounts. What do you guys think? Also some caster adjustment (albeit limited) seems helpful. Thanks ahead of time for your wisdom

I've been wondering about this myself. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's anyone actively on the forums using the K-Macs. Search has yielded a few links to the K-Mac site, and people asking a bit about them, but no one really reporting back on using them. NZeder (who hopefully doesn't mind me mentioning this) has a friend running them in Australia on a tarmac rally car -- 3 years and zero problems according to his account. However, he didn't seem to feel as though he was able to get a lot of extra caster out of them, which to me was in theory the big draw of picking up a set over the GC or EMI units. RebakahsZ recently posted a very positive review (with pics) of the EMI units, which you also do not have to do any cutting to use, but you may want to check with johnc to ensure they'll work with Megan S13 coilovers and whatever strut you're using.

If you're able to track down any direct accounts regarding the K-Macs, please post back, I'd love to hear of it as well! :)

The amount of caster adjustment available in any S30 strut top is severely limited by the small diameter design of the strut towers. That is the limiting factor with a S30 and that is why to get good caster cutting the towers is unavoidable.

I put a set of the KMAC camber plates on a customer car. It was missing a couple parts (the customer purchased it used) and I called KMAC to get the replacement parts. They shipped the parts express 3 days from Australia and didn't charge me a dime. The customer has been running them on his car for a couple months now and is very happy with the car.

You will need to make/source a shoulder bushing to take up the OD/ID difference between the monoball and the shock shaft.

I put a set of the KMAC camber plates on a customer car. It was missing a couple parts (the customer purchased it used) and I called KMAC to get the replacement parts. They shipped the parts express 3 days from Australia and didn't charge me a dime. The customer has been running them on his car for a couple months now and is very happy with the car.

More parts companies should be that accommodating. I have a growing list of places I don't plan on using again because the customer service and/or tech support is so bad.