HybridZ

EASIEST way to find exhaust leaks

ktm

http://www.instructa...ing-your-hands/

You hook a shop vac up to your muffler and have it blow air.....you are then able to hear/feel the leak without worrying about burning your hands.

I just did this trying to find a few leaks on my LS1 swap. The problem with the leaks was that they were around the headers/collectors/welds and you only have so long to find them before the pipes get too damn hot (think seconds). I hooked up my shop vac and within 10 seconds found my two leaks that were immediately upstream of the passenger side O2 (which would cause it to run rich) and verified the driver side was fine.

Didn't you hear about the blonde that burned her lips on the tailpipe while trying to blow up a bus.... lol

Good idea KTM but doesn't the air go up and out any intake valves that may be open instead of building pressure...or does the TB being shut prevent that?

There is plenty of pressure. Plenty, at least on my LS1 setup. Both of my leaks, which were right at the collector on the passenger side, were blowing similar to you blowing on a spoonful of hot soup. Soapy water would work well for those troublesome leaks.