Base model 280zx project

BluDestiny

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

The car hasn't really done much. I moved back to CA mid sep 2018 and it's just sat. It has a strange misfire type issue at a specific throttle at what i guess is 2500-3000rpm. If I floor it through that range it's fine, but if i'm trying to accelerate like a normal driver it starts to burble till I get out of that range. 

When it was weighed at Touge Factory  (when I picked the car up) it was 2460lbs with 5 gallons in the tank. So it's around there. That's with bumpers and 15" wheels. So it's lighter than most S30's. My S30 weighs 2160lbs, but it's completely gutted. 

I have been doing more work on my S30, swapping in T3 goodies. The next steps for my ZX are some rota wheels, then dropping it off at a shop to get a whole new set of gauges and a retune on it. I've been mixing 100oct with 91oct to get 93ish oct. 

On 3/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, Gollum said:

What's your plan to smog it? Still has the SR right? With any luck we'll have good news in a week and it will be a non-issue.

The usual "I got a guy". It still has valid Iowa registration, so not too concerned as I don't drive it daily at all. But I will need to take it in before end of May.