HybridZ

Logic level ignition output

Nhuwar

I have a megasquirt running v3 processor with the ms3x expansion board. What im curious about it can I use one of the logic level ignition outputs to drive an msd 6 box? I figuared I would connect it to the points input. I will eventually end up using DIS but I was going to dop this in mthe mean time.

Thanks,

Nick

It really depends on which MSD box you plan on using. The normal 6AL box is really setup for magnetic type triggers, not a voltage pulse. There are plenty of ignition boxes that will except a voltage pulse. Most will accept a positive going input pulse from 5 to 12V. The 6AL-2 Programmable I use in my race car and trigger it with a 12V pulse.

It really depends on which MSD box you plan on using. The normal 6AL box is really setup for magnetic type triggers, not a voltage pulse. There are plenty of ignition boxes that will except a voltage pulse. Most will accept a positive going input pulse from 5 to 12V. The 6AL-2 Programmable I use in my race car and trigger it with a 12V pulse.

Hi Z-ya,

Thats why I was going to try and use the points input. I bet it just triggers the base of a fet in the msd box. I could be wrong though.

Oh it's a msd 6a by the way.

Nick

Edited by Nhuwar