HybridZ

Recommend fiberglass hood (S30)?

Bob-omb

Hi, Guys,

Thanks mucho for all the kind words. I'm not perfect, but I try! I've been threatening a remodel of the website for sometime, and have recently done a couple of unrelated websites to test-drive Wordpress. I'm hoping to start on the Reaction Research website this summer.

Meanwhile, I can do Z hoods with or without the cowl vent (small tunnel vent at rear), with or without 280 vent holes, I also have a "Juday"-style hood you can see as the last photo on this page: http://www.reactionresearch.com/280yz/danjuday/danjuday.html

If you want one of these let me know quick as you can. If I get elected, I may sell it all!

• 1 year later...

Some of the manufacturers I've looked at have said to remove the torsion springs because it puts too much pressure on the hood and can cause bowing as you described. Keep the hinges but remove the support springs.

I just got a Hartman Fiberglass hood, and the front does not want to go all the way down.

I still have the hood pins, but no holes in the hood yet, so that is the reason the rear is not completely down.

However, I can still feel a lot of resistance when pushing the hood down.

Im thinking about taking out the torsion bars, but wondering if that will allow the front to pop up at speed.

It sure is ugly compared to stock, but hoping for improved air flow and heat dissipation.

Has anyone removed the torsion bars? 

post-29918-0-37796300-1382632967_thumb.jpg

post-29918-0-10707700-1382632989_thumb.jpg

Atozone-I'm with you, my plan is to go to 4 hood pins, 2 in front and 2 in back.  Johnc is correct, as usual, my hood does move around at around 100mph, but I'm usually so busy then that I have other fish to fry, like shifting and turning.  But, I do worry about it.  I also worry about my hood release cable snapping at some point, and that is a real pain to work thru.  Now that my car is more race car than street car, I hope to soon go to pins.  I will keep my hinges and prop/support rod-I've seen a couple hoods get run over or stepped on at the track-expensive.  When I have my fenders repaired for the flares (assuming they ever come in from the vendor (3 weeks of waiting so far for something "in-stock"), I plan to ask the fabricator to put some brackets on the inner fenders for the front two hood pins.