HybridZ

Question about the wheels and diff

Spoony

Hi Guys,

my wheels and tyres arrived, i made some pictures.

I have some blue lowering springs which were in the car when i bought it.

My FG flares will arrive next week and i plan to install them.

Is the car low enought for them???

The tyres are 275/40/17 and 245/40/17 from Toyo R1R.

As they are like semi-slicks, how much will the diff hold?

My plan was to start with the stock RB25 power, get to 300HP and upgrade to 500HP in the next Winter.

Is a quaife diff and some stronger u-joings enought for that? My driveshaft hast 4x M8 bolts, doesnt really look strong to be honest.

I dont want to buy a quaife for a lot of money and then swap it to a 300zx diff anyways after 5 pulls.

Quaife is ok from the pricing, can buy it in England, shipping and costs are under 1000$.

Thanks for your help!!

img2837xv.jpg

img2839g.jpg

img2850a.jpg

img2842ha.jpg

Is there any topic with a build of a different diff for a s30?

Im doing the first rb25 swap in germany, we have maybe 10 of them left in Germany so there is no real source for information here :wink:

Found every kind of information for the engine swap, engine loom and brakes, but nothing about the diff.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Subaru STI rear in my s30 w/ rb25 and I love it! Used the Beta Motorsports adapters. My is about 375-400 whp, but is a street car in every way. The weak spot in this set up is the halfshafts. If you are going to be drag racing a lot, and trying to launch with those 275 tires (looks sick by the way) you are going to need do some sort of a CV swap with whatever diff you choose.