HybridZ

Couple vids of my 260z 2jz na-t.

piston

Just factory m/t ecu w/ just an Apexi saf-c. 91 pump gas and 380-400hp goal, I figure a standalone or some sort is a bit too much for that low hp range. However I'm considering a Map ecu2 down the line and bumping up the boost to 15psi.

Edited by piston

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the process of finding an autometer tach. I would like to keep the stock one as it works fair when it actually does work, just that the one I have is messed up and doesn't pick up the signal most times.

Kurai, the project is long but it all pays off, motivation and looking at other poeples Z definitely help boost it up.

That second vid looks like you were on north going into peach, I've driven down that road many times. If you don't mind me asking, what nationality are you?

I regret selling my 2jz :(

Damn, your guess was pretty good! lol Not sure if it was North but its the south side of Peach/Jensen.

• 1 month later...

Did another pull, this time I minus the air flow a bit by -2 on the safc under boost because the s-afc was fighting the factory ecu and ecu rich out at wot. Still a bit rich in the 10.5/10.8 afr. But tachometer works and shifts like a champ. 4th red lines and dials in 130-133mph assuming tach is accurate. All this time, I forgot I had a 3.54 ratio differential and thought I had a 3.90.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Havent been on here in a while. The hood clearance is perfect. Does not have any issue, mounts are Ford F150 v8 of some sort, I don't recall exact year. It's running super strong at 10psi, even stronger at 13-14psi. Got the map2 ecu but having issue tuning KVF maf. super sensitive and hard to tune compare to map base sensors. It runs good on the safc but I would like to eliminate Maf and control timing with the map2 ecu. more vids to come.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the mapecu2 running and street tuned to run on 12psi at 11.5-12.0 afr. This thing hauls. I'm still on stock clutch and I hope it will hold some freeway pulls. I dont launch and never tried it since my 1st gear is useless. Just picked up a go pro hero2 motorsport camera so definitely will have tonedsof vids soon.

• 1 month later...