HybridZ

WEIRD IGNITION ISSUE

91iroc

ok as on past thread " sounds stupid 240z help"

heres a new issuse i have wired in the gm 4 pin module to bypass the original turbo igniter. my problem is now when i turn the key the car is not getting fire but when i let go of the key and the motor stops. it turns over one time like it wants to start up. i think the coil then finally shoots one weak spark out. i have full power to the coil while key is on position and while cranking. my injectors are pulsing , good solid battery , new chts , msd coil works better than the one in my mustang, any ideas of whats going on ????

1973 240z turbo with

1981 280zx swap

Edited by 91iroc

The coil is charging, but the circuit is not breaking to cause the coil to discharge. When you turn the key off, the circuit is broken and you get one spark.

Looked at your other post and it says that you tried a new ignitor. Looks like either your ECCS is not getting the signal from the CAS or the ECCS is not sending the signal to the ignitor or HEI module, to break the circuit. Since you have all stock parts now, you should probably go to an 82 or 83 FSM and look for the diagnostics for what you have.

From skittle over on zcars.com - http://www.zcar.com/70-83_tech_discussion_forum/hei_ignition_control_module_swap_info_%20turbos_only%20_876981.0.html . I think that he posts over here occasionally also

It might help you with the HEI module but it seems like your problem is in front of it.