HybridZ

Upper door weather strip issue, just molding or..?

I have these upper door weather strips I'm installing. They have these flaps and I can't figure out where they go. Are they just extra; left over from the molding or do they tuck in somwhere? Do I need to take the window trim out to fit this piece?

Here are some pictures that should help, keep in mind the piece not attached to the door is a reverse of the one that is, because it goes to the other side of the car.

ztb281.jpg

2urutdl.jpg

Edited by MidnightRider

The 'flap' is glued down with adhesive. If you don't have them secured the water draining down the seal will go INSIDE the door, or INSIDE the CAR.

Gluing them down makes it go 'up and over' the seal and follow the flap moulded into the lower portion to drip in a plane where it doesn't drop inside the car onto the floor.

You're right, it was easy to answer!

Ah thanks. That could have been a bad mistake to cut it off.

While we're on the topic of have any of you had door hinges that pop or squeak? I just replaced my driver's door hinge because the spring broke and now is making this god awful noise no matter how much I lubricate it.

You might check the roller on the hinge. Mine has a flat spot on it and pops when I open the door. Have not found a replacement roller. If anyone has a part number or place to buy one please respond.

JB