HybridZ

Bought my wife a new car... And found this in the showroom...

Mikelly

So yesterday, after some frustration with Hyundai over electrical issues on their 2011 Sonota, we decided it wouldn't be wise to wait for the intermittent issues to become full time issues. Central locking modules not allowing you to lock doors, and intermittent start button issues were the chief issues, but the dealership wouldn't honor their "warranty" until the components failed. So we punted...

Bought the wife a 2011 Benz that was an "off lease" one year old C300 sport model. It was at the local Cadillac dealers so we had to run over to the local Mercedes dealership to pick up a second key and the owners manuals, compliments of the Cadi dealership. While there we stumbled across this in the showroom...

fa6bd748.jpg

6884f667.jpg

These kinda seem like a letdown compared to that blue beauty, but here are a couple shots of her new ride... It's actually a decent performer in sport mode with the 7 speed trans working hard...

6907f612.jpg

bf15a7f3.jpg

e75d51dc.jpg

d890d7e3.jpg

Mike

I'd love a nice Mercedes. The technology part scares the crap out of me though. I don't know why and it may be just a false fear I have, but it just bugs me. Like the Hyundai.

My neighbhors 66 mustang would only start intermitently. Finally not at all. Checked a few things and his secret kill switch was bad. 5 min to diagnose and 2 mins to fix, up and running. Gosh I'm starting to feel old!

Much like the Hyundai, If this one gives us trouble, It'll go bye bye too... I have no trouble with "me" driving a project (hence the 1997 M3 I drive daily) but I don't want my wife driving an hour each way to work in something unreliable. Ironically, the payment on the benz is going to end up being about $40 more per month, same terms, as the Hyundai was...

Mike

I just came to the shocking revelation that I have now put 103,000 on my Blue Turd $125 Police Leinsale 260Z...

It went on the road for me in 95, but I've had a company car up until 2008.

100K kinda snuck up on me, and for a car I spent a whopping $125 for, I think I'll live with the issues as they appear.

....but I don't want my wife driving an hour each way to work in something unreliable.

Mike

I'm with you. In my situtaion even with a reliable car this doesn't help at times. The battery died one day as it hit it's life limit on my wifes van. I replace it. The very next day my wife calls from work and says honey the car won't start. I'm like odd, grab all the tools thinking the cables are dirty or something. I jump in it and it cranks fine. I glance over at the fuel gauge which she has covered with a business card, bone dry! There is no fix for stupid!

She says to me before we leave, "Please don't tell the kids!"

Oddly today I see an almost new G37 with it's hood up and a guy laying on the ground. I ask him if needs some help. He's like do you hear it, I'm like no, hear what. He's like the hiss. He said the light came on in the car and now there is this crazy hiss. Back to the dealer for more wasted time!

"no cure for stupid"

I can see that coming back some time in the future...

"remember the car died and we replaced the battery, then the next day it died again?"

If you bring up the real reason... You're braver than I!

"no cure for stupid"

I can see that coming back some time in the future...

"remember the car died and we replaced the battery, then the next day it died again?"

If you bring up the real reason... You're braver than I!

LOL! I'm getting better as I age. I've almost learned to shut up!

Those of you who are E36/46 fans out there, I gotta say after living with this car a week, I am drawing more and more comparisons between the 328iS Sedan and this benz. This car has the same handling characteristics, but with more power and better fit/finish. It pretty much as all the upgrades and improvements a 15 year newer car should... Really impressed so far!

Mike