HybridZ

SATAN Z31 Turbo LSx

Maybe they would have. Lots of people like to nit-pick on there if your setup isn't 110% full race spec. Sometimes I forget if it's the Z31 board or the GT3 board.

That dual 3" looks cool. Where's you wastegate dump going to go? Wait... where is your wastegate?

No waste gate. I'm just going to see how much boost it will make on its own...

I currently have the waste gate pointed out the same hole that the intercooler pipe runs through. It just shoots into the fender well for now. If I want to later, I can spin it 90 degrees like you see in the picture, and then reintroduce it into the down pipe.

113011184347.jpg

I'm pretty much running without a wastegate. Running 30+psi from a air tank into the top port of the wastegate with the ams1000 ebc. Your car looks sick jon. I wish we were in the same city. You should come down to that "Import vs Domestic all out call out" event in may. We could clean house. hehe.

I'm pretty much running without a wastegate. Running 30+psi from a air tank into the top port of the wastegate with the ams1000 ebc. Your car looks sick jon. I wish we were in the same city. You should come down to that "Import vs Domestic all out call out" event in may. We could clean house. hehe.

Hey thanks man! Over the years I have been getting better at fab work and welding and all of that. I look at stuff I used to do 5 years ago, and kind of cringe now, LOL. I will always continue to improve, but I am pleased with what I can do now.

I want to come down there in May, but there are some things that may prevent me from doing that. But it is not out of the question, so we will see!

Now it's copy and paste reply time...

So I reached my goal... sorta. Close enough. Goal was to get it running and potentially driving around by the end of March.

After a long day of tracking down problems and just random ****, I managed to get the car fired up at the last minute today (actually tonight). Fired up on the stock 6.0 tune but with E85. Ran for about 3 seconds, then died. I'm assuming it died just because it was too lean on E85 which would make sense (didn't get a chance to check out the wide band to see). I can get out there tomorrow or sometime this week and start tuning, but it was already 9:15 when I fired it up, and my neighbor who's room is right next to my garage goes to sleep at 8:30.

I'm always impressed with how fast this thing fires up. Even with a bigger cam and a stock tune for gasoline but running ethanol and changing it from like 28lb injectors to 160lb injectors... It just lights right up with no hesitation. :-D

So I put in a bunch of work yesterday and I got the car out of the garage under it's own power. Washed all the dust off of it and took it around the block. It drives ok, need to look into a couple of noises, but nothing terrible. My radiator cap was spewing coolant at only 190 degrees though, so I have to figure that out.

Just a very productive day overall, and I reached my goal of driving the car by the end of March. I also took some pictures yesterday.

032712184224.jpg

032712160906.jpg

032712184255.jpg

032712184324.jpg

032712183843.jpg

Well, I got the coolant leak figured out. Turns out I am just a ruhtard. Steam ports need to be plumbed to the pressure side of the coolant system... not the over flow. But, that's about 100 times better than a blown head gasket or a cracked block or something like that. So I'm happy about that.

However, once one thing gets fixed, something else pops up... My IAT was reading -38*. After some diagnosing, I quickly came to the conclusion the sensor was bad. Got a new sensor, plugged it in and it read just fine (81* which was ambient that day). Went to start it up, and now I can't keep the car running. Runs great with a faulty IAT sensor (or IAT sensor unplugged), then like **** with a good IAT sensor plugged in. :blink:

I'll just keep plugging away at it till I get it though.

EDIT: I'm also not a big fan of the red compressor cover on the turbo. It was red when I got it. I'll probably take it to my sand blaster guys and have them strip it off. Whatever the paint is, is really durable. I thought a wire wheel would take it right off so I could weld on it. Not so much, I had to hold the wire wheel on it for much longer than I anticipated for that stuff to come off.

Edited by SATAN