HybridZ

4g63/240z

ckrell

My project is slow going but getting there 2.0L 4g63, ross pistons, 272 hks cams, oringed deck, HX40 (60mm) reverse step stainless twinscroll header, eagle rods and other work, 30psi boost with E85 + methenol injection

post-19941-014559400 1326300371_thumb.jpg

post-19941-082999300 1326300414_thumb.jpg

post-19941-089213900 1326300438_thumb.jpg

post-19941-036033700 1326300464_thumb.jpg

Edited by ckrell

Looks like a monster in the making! I've always wondered why we haven't seen a build of this engine with their popularity.

Any plans for a tranny tunnel?

With the mount it looks like you're planning to run it inside?

Yeah I'm really suprised I havent seen this combo either.

yeah the tanny will be on top of the floor powerglide with 8" converter. Still designing tunnel.

Edited by ckrell

Totally awesome build! I think these swaps would be a bit more common if an affordable RWD conversion was pioneered. From everything I've seen you're looking and a mostly custom flywheel and adapter plate, and I haven't seen kits for mating to common trans like the 300zx or supra boxes.

I'm looking forward to see where this goes though!

Thank you for sharing that link! That guy is awesome for what he's doing. I've never seen anyone take RWD conversions so seriously and still keep it within reach of the average joe. Seems like most adaptions end up costing considerably more than double what he's asking.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across a 4g63 head a while ago on a friends bench. It had very minimal work in it and might I say this is a very good head indeed. It kind of made me want to put one in a z, especially when I heard you can get some decent displacement under one. I will be following this one, looking forward to seeing it come together. It looks great so far!