HybridZ

Is this worth purchasing?

Well just a heads up, you would be repainting the entire car if you remove the body kit. It is molded to every part of the car besides the doors and roof.

I'll speak to a body guy and see what he might be able to do before I consider purchasing the Z.

Edited by hatepotholez

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he gave up on Z cars, couldn't find a gem in his price range.

If he's gonna give up that easily do we want to put up with him around here anyways?

Really guys he was just on yesterday. We shouldn't be putting him on blast like this not cool. But the Man does gotta understand that a rust free for cheap is rare, and people now a days don't just give away there cars especially on Hybrid. But saying he gave up and all that what not, and if we want him around is just Unnecessary .Why kick him out?He is here because likes the z car just like us. He just doesn't really know what He really wants .But at least we know he wants a Z right B) . I hope he finds what he is looking for . Good luck to u on your search.

Edited by aplyedmind

Aplyemind - I just spoke to him a few days ago because he is local to me. He can't find the Z to fit what he needs plus in the price range he wants to buy....he made an offer on a different type of car, hopefully for him he gets it and he shares with us what it is.

Why would I want to kick someone out of our own local Z club? :wink:

Really guys he was just on yesterday. We shouldn't be putting him on blast like this not cool. But the Man does gotta understand that a rust free for cheap is rare, and people now a days don't just give away there cars especially on Hybrid. But saying he gave up and all that what not, and if we want him around is just Unnecessary .Why kick him out?He is here because likes the z car just like us. He just doesn't really know what He really wants .But at least we know he wants a Z right B) . I hope he finds what he is looking for . Good luck to u on your search.

Thanks for the support, I put a deposit on a Z and guess what the owner refunded my deposit because someone outbid me, sorry I am in NY and not in his home state. :rolleyes:

lol had the great deal, but seller was a flake...smh.

lol i'm pretty sure I could have put all my replies at once but, ehh. But anyway, I bought a 72 Alfa Romeo GTV. Awesome car, does need work but just an awesome car.

I'm going to put the Z search on hold, but continue to check the market as I will get one just not now.

In the meantime my S14 will suffice :D

Umm yea you do because I'm still getting a Z but not at this current moment. Didn't know you ran hybridZ.

I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, but look at it how everyone else sees this play out. If you do ANY searching around here you'll see that I'm usually one of the people that IS willing to deal with spoon feeding people while everyone else just gives up on the beginners that don't know how to search.

But to most of us this thread looks like this:

New guy wants car, and wants it now, but wants it cheap.

We give advice, tell him to either wait for a deal or broaden his horizon and that converting a later S30 to a 70-72 look-alike can be more cost effective.

OP seems stuck in their ways, but then gets distracted and starts looking at other cars instead for the immediate purchase.

We see this quite often and 9 times out of 10 the person never actually gets a S30 because of the time an patience it can take. Some of us here on the west coast have had multiple S30's with minimal rust, some of which were purchased well within your budget. I can understand not being eager to purchase a car in an unknown state, flying across the country, and driving it home.

Though honestly you're not nearly as bad as some people I've seen, you don't really seem all that interested in our advice much. I'm very glad you didn't purchase that first car though, as that would have been a bad move.

IF you stick around I do hope you post pics of your projects and share with everyone what you're up to. Just also keep in mind that all of us around here tend to have pretty thick skin and kind of expect the same. It's the only way a forum like this can maintain high standards of information. We're all going to step on each others toes from time to time, an I apologize for being a bit out of hand before. From where I was sitting you looked like just another passer-by that didn't truly seem committed to learning what we had to offer. I hope I was wrong.

I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, but look at it how everyone else sees this play out. If you do ANY searching around here you'll see that I'm usually one of the people that IS willing to deal with spoon feeding people while everyone else just gives up on the beginners that don't know how to search.

But to most of us this thread looks like this:

New guy wants car, and wants it now, but wants it cheap.

We give advice, tell him to either wait for a deal or broaden his horizon and that converting a later S30 to a 70-72 look-alike can be more cost effective.

OP seems stuck in their ways, but then gets distracted and starts looking at other cars instead for the immediate purchase.

We see this quite often and 9 times out of 10 the person never actually gets a S30 because of the time an patience it can take. Some of us here on the west coast have had multiple S30's with minimal rust, some of which were purchased well within your budget. I can understand not being eager to purchase a car in an unknown state, flying across the country, and driving it home.

Though honestly you're not nearly as bad as some people I've seen, you don't really seem all that interested in our advice much. I'm very glad you didn't purchase that first car though, as that would have been a bad move.

IF you stick around I do hope you post pics of your projects and share with everyone what you're up to. Just also keep in mind that all of us around here tend to have pretty thick skin and kind of expect the same. It's the only way a forum like this can maintain high standards of information. We're all going to step on each others toes from time to time, an I apologize for being a bit out of hand before. From where I was sitting you looked like just another passer-by that didn't truly seem committed to learning what we had to offer. I hope I was wrong.

No offense taken, but give the noob a break next time ;)

I wasn't asking to be spoon fed, but I did search. I did ask for recommendations on vehicles I was interested in and comparisons, but I feel my questions were a little more detailed than, "hey, whats a S30". I did read everyone's advice but deep down wanted a 70-72Z that unfortunately was a requirement or I wouldn't be satisfied with the car and in the back of my mind keep saying, "Damn it I could of had a 240Z instead."

And yes you are one of the people that I asked if you could check out a car for me so Thank you.

Here's the thing, people keep saying it's the price(cough..cough evilc, lol...remember that V8 z) but it really wasn't a price issue, because I found many many cars I would have been happy with in my range that I would have gladly paid $1000 over asking price. Unfortunately it ended up with the seller being a flake. I first ask you, are you willing to sell to an out of state buyer, the seller says yes, ok I ask for a few photos, I also state I would like to put a deposit through paypal you say ok. You don't send the pictures, you don't take the deposit, well guess what you really don't want to sell to an out of state buyer. I even offer to pay your ebay fees if you list it on ebay with a buy it now option, just so you can have a safe transaction. Theres really nothing else I can do thousands of miles away.

Do you really think I am going to fly to Cali when you won't even take a deposit? I'm not in Russia or China looking to buy your car, I'm in NY still in the U.S. So just be a straight shooter and say no, you won't sell it to a out of state buyer. Realistically I am taking all of the risk, I am sending my money, and in return I have to wait on a title and car. The seller can easily just run with my money.

Sorry but out of state sellers need to lighten up, it truly is very frustrating, stating yes you will sell to an out of state buyer and then when I call up many shipping companies, get quotes and put a deposit on your car, you say no you don't want to go through with it. Some people don't realize Z's are not dime a dozen on the east coast, from what I have seen they are pretty rare to come by compared to the west coast. My money is just as green as the next person's.

This was the case for 3-4 cars. Sorry but i'm not flying out to Cali for a 5g car, pictures and inspections by a reputable Z shop is good enough for me, it's 2012 let's use technology to it's full advantage.

I'm still searching the boards, Craigslist and ebay. I am also going to visit EvilC and discuss his heavily modified Z and compare it to my track modded s14 to see if I should consider selling it and buying a track 240z.

I'll keep you guys up to date on the Alfa also.

Edited by hatepotholez