HybridZ

Z vs the grapevine CA

brianZortiz

I am going to go skydiving in a few months from now in Taft , CA. I live in Los Angeles and the only way there is the grapevine down the 5 north. I've been there before, but never in my Z's. And that thing is intimidating and I usually stay in shoulder lane with trucks because I didn't want to push the inline 4 isuzu amigo. The question is how have your s30z or any old z handle it? I am going to redo my cooling system and will have anywhere around 130whp out of the L engine. With your experiences can a Z take care of it driving at normal speed with modern cars and not in the shoulder lane with trucks on emergency lights.

went though a couple of times in my stock 77 z manual (4spd) cruised righ through B) . just make sure to check everything like any somewhat long trip (belts,hoses,fluids,tire pressure,brakes ect.). I was actually speeding sometimes having no 5 gear keeps the motor up enough to overcome the climb.

• 1 month later...