HybridZ

twin cam L6 3.4L

PMC raceengines

Hi mate

I have seen a man in japan do it with a single cam rb20 head , but he made a new timing chane cover and made the oil reterns line up in the rear of the head .

but my version is a race setup and i wonted a dry sump so i went a diffrent path, as i had made the frunt cover redundent i hade to make the sump shorter , and i wonted even water temps along the hole motor so i started from scrach ... So your idear sounds a lot more practical ,and hope it all works out

the chamber is so large on the TC RB its hard to get the comp up for a NA ,thats the reasion i had to go so big with the stroker kit , and the piston still needs a 18cc bump to get the comp where i need it ,

Hi.

I have to mod the timing chain cover too but not that much actually.

The oil is returning from the rear of the head but also from the front because I'm gonna stay with chain so it doesn't matter if the oil is going that way too. That returning oil is also lubricating the chain.

But there are still alot to do that I can get the timing chain work.

Also the cooling is one thing. Thinking how to get the coolant flow even because that rb-head has water outlet in the side of the head.

I hope this topic gets good conversation from this subject and I will not hold any information from my mod if someone has something to ask.

Hi.

I have to mod the timing chain cover too but not that much actually.

The oil is returning from the rear of the head but also from the front because I'm gonna stay with chain so it doesn't matter if the oil is going that way too. That returning oil is also lubricating the chain.

But there are still alot to do that I can get the timing chain work.

Also the cooling is one thing. Thinking how to get the coolant flow even because that rb-head has water outlet in the side of the head.

I hope this topic gets good conversation from this subject and I will not hold any information from my mod if someone has something to ask.

Mate its a big job to make it all work ,but i love the chalange and know how well it will work .i have done 3 4 cylinder L20

twin cams with the KA head and they make incredable hp NA with a port that flows the same numbers as my head .So id love to see how you go with your build. I will get pics up real soon ..

Mate its a big job to make it all work ,but i love the chalange and know how well it will work .i have done 3 4 cylinder L20

twin cams with the KA head and they make incredable hp NA with a port that flows the same numbers as my head .So id love to see how you go with your build. I will get pics up real soon ..

Yes I know it is big job but I too like challenges and I am grazy Finn after all. :D

My head is getting valve job but otherwise it is staying stock for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Will this be on pump gas?

What kind of power?

Do you have a parts list?

Yep pump gas 98oct

power well on my engine dyno i hope to see 350hp my dyno reads very hard , a good L28 race motor on my dyno reads 310hp

Parts list

the stroker kit is my own i make it from a rb30 crank offset grind to 89mm honda size

egle rods 137mm , forged 90 mm piston 1,2 1,2 3mm rings 3cc bump

i make a new flywheel to sute

n42 block torque plate honed, releaved and painted internal, decked to clean

ARP studs main and head

7in race balancer

ally sump, turbo oil pump

new timing chane and guides, adj timing gear

wade cams 310d 600th 106c

hsd valve springs and ally retaners

head is a p90 that flows 360hp 237cfm at 28in at 600th 46mm valve

big port inlet manifold OER style 50mm webers

It will be a strong top end power band 4000 to 8000rpm i have made the pipes to suit, will put more pics up soon

Yes it will be running on crappy pump fuel.

No one but Simon seems to like my engine :(

Bah ha ha ha

Look at all us newbies on the American forum. Lol :lol:

Few world class engines hidden down under! :D

And I don't like it Jake. That's why I'm going to swap it with my PMC L30 ;)

• 4 weeks later...

When on the dyno the other day , i found no5cylinder was not the same temp as the rest so i got to thinking, how do i fix this not just mask the problem . i know there is a thred with 24 pages off help but i need to realy fix this, not just do things that help

so i cut up a p90 to get a good look for my self and found a fix, and hear are some pics

post-26847-011286900 1334143458_thumb.jpg

So back on the dyno what happend , more power and more timing and all plugs look the same , and the engine was crisp post-26847-012443300 1334143240_thumb.jpgpost-26847-057685500 1334143360_thumb.jpg

post-26847-002362700 1334143281_thumb.jpg

post-26847-005152600 1334143327_thumb.jpg