HybridZ

Anti-lag

ZT-R

ZTR how are you doing? Did you fix the crank collar issue on your motor? I run the anti lag just using the vss and even though I have fixed the crank collar problem, i am not using hard cut at all. Hard cut is lethal on the motor and mostly your turbo and oil pump. Do a 1 or 2 setting on your redline cut off. Its pretty simple to set the anti lag using your vss, just follow the instruction on the help menu. For a launch setup start 2step Retard Rev at 3k rpm as the start and 2step Ignition Cut at 3800rpm. Now depending on your 2step Rev Limit setting you will spool standing still as you step on the gas. Once again try to keep the Rev Limit numbers down as it is very hard on your motor and turbo. I have seen the compressor wheels shredded due to hard cut anti-lag setting on Evos due to the deflection of the turbine shaft and the blades shredding on the compressor housing.

Hi temps in anything isn't good but when using anti-lag over long period (over 12 seconds at time) not only creates rapid heat but also creates load shock. Anti lag works by miss firing the cylinders (fuel cut and ign cut) and pulling back timing at the same time (simple explanation for the complex process). Its puts all kinds of negative and positive load on all the internals very rapidly. The exhaust pulse created by pulling timing and miss firing is what spools the turbos. These pulses are not uniform and when engaged over a long period actually causes some major deflection starting on the turbine side and by the time it reaches the compressor side, things go boom even breaking the shaft. I gathered these information from talking to AEM tech support and 2 AEM certified tuners locally and getting in to extensive detail. Some of it went over my head.

Edited by GTZ

I have a R33 motor with the full face collar and a tomei oil pump.

Here is a screen shot of my limiters. I'm not that knowledgeable with tuning timing...

Step 1. Locate your Options-2Step Limits table

Step 2. Change your 2Step Retard Rev 3000 rpm

Step 3. Change your 2Step Ignition Cut 3800 rpm

You set the fuel cut high as you don't use a fuel cut for your application. A serious no no for forced induction cars. You set it up using vss so just read the guide and its easy to setup. I will mess with aem tuner and let you know on the next few steps for fine tuning it.

My tuning computer is dead, so I will have to pull the drive and try to pull it off that way, will do that in the next few days. How GTZ described it is pretty much what I did from what I can recall (car has been dead so long its hard to remember, haha).

Any updates?

fuel trim? alt timing?

Edit:

Well I went out and played with it some, it will build boost like that but I'm scared to stay in it more than a split second at the moment. I do know your not supposed to say in it long at all though.

Another question, is there a way to have this on a switch so I can have 2step and then have 2step with the antilag? I dont think I could get any traction with antilag on street tires.

Edited by ZT-R

Well I can't get my old laptops drive to recognize so no way to pull off the old map until I get the EMS hooked up again. If I recall there is no anti-lag section in the series 1 ems its part of the rev-limiter setup. I had anti-lag and no lift shift setup on my EMS.