HybridZ

Who would be interested in a MegaSquirt engine harness for the S30 and S130?

FricFrac

• 1 month later...

Ok, got a couple questions. First question is did you really run all the sensors with white wires? If so how are people supposed to figure out what wire is what? Multimeter? Also, what is the copper tubing coming out from where the heater core is supposed to be? Intriguing!

Ok, got a couple questions. First question is did you really run all the sensors with white wires? If so how are people supposed to figure out what wire is what? Multimeter? Also, what is the copper tubing coming out from where the heater core is supposed to be? Intriguing!

Copper tubing is for the A/C - it's stock.

Yes the sensors are run on white wires. Actually those white wires are twisted pairs inside a shielded jacket and the jackets are numbered. Even if they weren't numbers you could simply put core markers with the name of the sensor on it but it's really unecessary since the cable simply plugs into the Mega Squirt on one end. Since the cable is formed and lies in place of the stock harness the connectors can only reach the sensor they plug into. The only ones that may be slightly different are the IAT depending on where it is located on your vehicle but its more than likely that it's the only one that has that style of connector. The power plugs into the stock fuseable link and the fuel pump, etc plugs into the stock body harness. It's really plug and play - that's the whole idea.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I have about 1.3 bazzilion projects on the go but here's an update on the MS3 harness I'm building for Slownrusty's car. This is revision 4 and what will be the final product. I managed to get the stock temp gauge integrated into the stock body harness for the S130 to keep this plug and play. I was going to try and finish this off this weekend but the 240Z tripple Mikuni rebuild project trumped this one. We're close though and I'm hoping to get this installed on my test mule and get the distributorless ignition working. This harness has the secondary coil pack harness as well.

post-6495-021909900 1335725742_thumb.jpg

Hey FricFrac,

I would love to get my hands on one of these...

I actually PM'd you about a regular Harness this morning but if you are working on something that would work straight with MS...i want one!!!

FYI this would be to run an L28ET in an S30..

Let me know.

Thanks,

Edited by joker81