HybridZ

V8 Scarab Registration/Numbering/Logos

[quote name=gvincent" post="1034079" time="1356656700]Finally got around to mounting the SCARAB decals on the left and right front fenders, I removed the 280Z emblem and put the SCARAB decal where the emblem was. I got around to donating again so I am uploading4 pictures.   Cjc send me the prototype pictures and I will upload them for you.   I would really like to see this Idea move forward and think it is a great idea. ZCON 2013 is in New England this August and I will be there showing and working the convention as a member of the ZCCNE Please try and make the Z car National convention this year in beautiful New England.   Greg

post-35766-0-08368500-1357610321_thumb.jpg

Hey CJC you made it back on, Yeah, I figured it would take a moderator to figure out what was wrong with your login issues, Thank you John Coffey.

I like what I see so far, Looking forward to seeing the other emblems and the registry. Will we be issued Numbers?

Greg

Yes everyone will carry an individual registration number. The questions I'd like answered as a group and to consider are at what stage of modification completion should the registration numbers be issued. The front fender emblems, about the size of a quarter are really cool and resemble the original scarab logos. The dash inset above the glove box looks great as well...had it all designed and made as a set. I've done a truckload to my zcar, suspension, engine bay, and the guy working it now built seven Winston cup cars and is currently completing the bobsled for the us bobsled team...not boasting but I'm sure others are doing things themselves and just as good or better a job. My original thought is register whenever, what do you all think? I'll have the other pics up by this coming Monday. In the meantime here are my seats.

post-35766-0-78862200-1357653620_thumb.jpg

post-35766-0-24831400-1357653642_thumb.jpg

My guess is once it is registered in the state or country you live in and has license plates? Thoughts??? I don't know what you want to avoid is registering a car that never gets completed...There have been some projects where the owner has had to sell off the project due to circumstances and the car is never completed and then maybe parted out??? I know some are never registered and are strictly race cars???

God question, I would like to hear some other thoughts.

Greg

• 5 weeks later...

Any updates?

When are you planning on getting the registry started and are all the emblem prototypes done?

I haven't seen the other ones.

When will they become available?

I was thinking about Scarab II so we don't offend the Original Scarab owners...Kind of like the Avanti and the Avanti II  what is everybody's thoughts on this?

Greg

Any updates?

When are you planning on getting the registry started and are all the emblem prototypes done?

I haven't seen the other ones.

When will they become available?

I was thinking about Scarab II so we don't offend the Original Scarab owners...Kind of like the Avanti and the Avanti II  what is everybody's thoughts on this?

Greg

Greg, great to hear from you! I have the software platform and posted the quarter emblem logo. I could be ready to give acces within 4-6 weeks. This seemed like a simple idea and it can be or as complicated as we want it to be...for instance what stage of completion must a vehicle be to register it? I don't know that we would offend the Brian Morrow (sp?) scarab owners, they are well identified and tagged with very unique features. I think if we reproduced the original scarab logos and started with number 202...we'd be crossing an ethical line. However, the quarter logo I proposed is polished high grade aluminum and looks nothing like the scarab logo morrow used. As to cost this is not an income source for me so the objective is to keep costs way down to whatever I'm charged from the Cnc machine shop...the fender and hood emblems are done and I'll get those posted ASAP!

• 10 months later...

Great! Let's start by coming up with a standard v8 conversion set of emblems to share with everyone and a registration database. We should start with the emblems, I'll have samples in two weeks! Anyone else interested in participating?

so I just joined this forum today and have been looking for emblems did you guys end up makeing some thing because I want some kind of scarab emblems it would make my day if you guys had something

Haven't heard from Mdantonio in quite some time, This was tossed around a bit at the ZCON convention here in New Hampshire last August with a Scarab owner from Virginia, myself and a few other V8 conversions from also MA and NY, we all would love to put together a registry and have emblems available for the registered owners.

I hope this moves forward I thought it was a great Idea.

That sounds good, Getting slammed with snow right now but would like to call you and talk, maybe this weekend?

Send me an email and I will call you

gregory.vincent@comcast.net

Thanks,

Greg

I built a database and registry and have 20 sets of the v8z logos. Perhaps we can arrange a conference call to discuss this and move it forward?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...