HybridZ

78zstyle's 78 280z

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like its coming along quickly, but why not just go with a front mount setup since youre going through all that work already? It really isnt that much for a decent setup and would help you up the boost alot not to mention just run better.

I already have a intercooler but no piping, money is short right now. However in a couple of months I will upgrade to the intercooler and up the boost to 10 or 12 psi. Only modification ill have to do is put a IAT bung and a BOV on. No worries, it will happen.

Lol I know I keep saying this but mine will eventually gets their, bumper shock holes, and rattle can black patches in-tow. Just as a warning, if you want to get a decent spot and not park in spectator parking you are probably going to have to show around 630. People have been arriving earlier and earlier. When I got their at 8 this month it was PACKED. May have to just start a "datsun" row in spectator parking.

Turned out the megasquirt processor "died". It won't even accept any sort of boot code. Hooked up to a scope and saw that the signal was making it to the processor, but nothing came back to the computer. Also blew the opti coupler.. I don't understand how it happened, there are fuses.. and diodes to act as failsafes in that case.. but they didn't do their job apparently.

I am receiving a new unit tomorrow morning, overnighted from new york from another member. I swear to god, if I can't load my tune, plug that ***** in and drive off the exhaust parking lot with my brand new 3 inch exhaust, I will torch the car.

Well we had fun tonight. Finally figured out problem, I was using original +12 source wiring to feed injectors. Did quick rewire of source to 12volts going to megasquirt, made a few changes to the map and took it for a spin. Will do more fine tuning and checking things over this week, but not bad, big smiles. Enjoy the short video.

IMG_0833.MOV

Changed spark plug gap from .030 to .025. Fixed fuel rail vacuum leak, changed timing from 20 degrees to 25 degrees. Car runs SO much smoother, i was getting into boost tonight after the changes pretty good and got zero backfires, stumbles or misfires.

Only problem: I'm overboosting like hell (Note this was unintentional overboosting, im not stupid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enAHUdk9KDk&list=UUxfaXVq0Q6N1ufKDkOVWiSA&index=1&feature=plcp