HybridZ

280z to 240sx front spindle

I haven't been able to find any information on what I would like to try and do. A buddy if mine has a 240sx with a front 5 lug conversion and want to revert back to 4 lug. So we found another 4 lug shell for sale. So my question is is it possible to use the 240sx 5 lug front spindle on my 77 280z? And I know the rotors are set up different so will the rotors and calipers from the sx work as well? Or would I need to try and graft the entire strut assembly from the sx to my z?

Pretty sure the sx hub won't fit on the 240, just looking up the bearing will tell you that they run different sizes and most likely widths. So without a trip to the machine shop to bore it to a similar size and shave it down for the correct width not that great of a chance of them going on. Plus the stock front rotor size on a 240sx is almost 3/4 of an inch smaller than that on the Z but it is vented so the caliper won't fit, and even if it did, it wouldn't function correctly.

If you grafted the sx spindle and hub into your Z strut, you would be faced with the problem of different tie rods, lca's, sway bar mounts, etc. And grafting the whole sx suspension is a fairly ridiculous task, requiring a literal graft of the entire front end, followed by reinforcement and fair amount of welding, this would also leave you with the problem of having to source an sx engine as the cross member would be different.

So the answer would be no, unless you have access to a race shop/machine shop/welder.

This picture is a memeber on here. Almost all bolt in I believe. 240sx front strut. 240sx front hub/spindle brakes. Stock LCA and TC rod. The spindles are swapped left to right to allow front front steer. Would be a cheap brake upgrade if someone had more details on this. The q45 brakes with a newer altima 4 lug rotor bolt on the stock SX hub I think..

post-454-079899800 1328278361_thumb.jpeg