HybridZ

New Possible wheel option

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately it will probably be a little while before I've got tires and flares. But, here they are just mocked up for now...

20120225_153052.jpg

20120225_153116-1.jpg

I LIKE!!!! i skimmed thru this post several times but didn't see the specs on these particular wheels. Please update with wheel info. i like these better then the rota rbrs.

I LIKE!!!! i skimmed thru this post several times but didn't see the specs on these particular wheels. Please update with wheel info. i like these better then the rota rbrs.

Thanks!

The fronts are 17x9 +35 and the rears are 17x10 +20

Thanks!

The fronts are 17x9 +35 and the rears are 17x10 +20

Wow so your fronts and rears are over 6 inches of backspacing !?!?!?! when i had my red Z with coilovers the most i could fit was 5.5 inches of backspacing.

tech-wheeloffset.gif

I haven't ordered spacers yet, so in the pictures they are just mocked up against the studs. You might be able to get away with a 1.25" in the rear and 1.5" up front if you're running coilovers. That would give around 5.1" and 4.9" backspacing respectively.

Stony. ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like NLM is out on the hyperblack color for both the 17x9 and 17x10. They are out on the black center 17x9 but have the black center 17x10 in stock. Talk about a shortage. The sales prices are so tempting to just give them the money and wait for the wheels to come in. I may have to call them and find out what the ETA is. So far, these are the nicest (looking) wheels for the price. If any of you that have them mounted yet, pleeeze update the thread with some photos. I'd love to see how they fill out the ZG flares.

Davy

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for photoshopping the wheels on there--looks very cool. I got the thumbs up from my wife, so this is probably the wheel direction I will be going in. I know these are not forged race wheels, but I really don't need forged wheels (yet).

Davy

• 2 weeks later...

You know how we are all bustin knuckles to have the widest wheels and tires we can? My street tires have been 226/50/16s on rota rbrs. Usually with a fresh alignment and krisp front end parts my car loves to follow every crack and seam in the pavement. Just for the hell of it, I picked up some used drag rims 15x3.5 front and 15x7 back and mounted 155/80/15 front and 235/60/15 on back to keep my drag race look during the week (hey,I'm in Alabama, you know). What was the result? I drove it all this week and just did 3 hours on the highway. Now I didn't go fast around corners or tailgate anybody to challenge my braking, but this setup tracked out great. Hands off the wheel, relaxed driving. Loving it. Was even great to drive on the highway in the rain. I'll keep my wides so I can boogie corners but there are a million ways to fly!

Edited by RebekahsZ

• 2 weeks later...