HybridZ

New Possible wheel option

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even more than the spacer size, I'm more interested in the size of tires he's using. They have just a little bit of stretch, but nothing too radical or stupid looking--great tuck. Did ya get the dirt on the tire size by chance?

Davy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just saw this topic today thanks to Santanawhite finding me on facebook. When I get home I'll check all the specs and post. I can't remember off the top of my head because I built this setup right when the 526's came out. It must have been a couple years ago.

-Owner of the silver 73 240z

Edited by Mastermind

Finally a real working setup! Tada!

Definitely going this route.

8073369406_a0f475001a_b.jpg

8073369634_50b78f8ddc_b.jpg

1973 240Z, family owned since 1974. Original silver paint. 83,xxx miles. It sat for years with a blown head gasket in my fathers possession.

Stance:

Cosmo Racing adjustable springs with KYB struts

(front) XXR 526 17x9 +35mm offset with 1" spacer Tire 215/40/17

(rear) XXR 526 17x10 +20mm offset 1/4" spacer Tire 235/40/17

For the rear I had to roll the fenders and find longer wheel studs. 

I did everything from mounting and balancing the tires to installing the suspension with new Energy bushings so feel free to ask questions.

• 1 month later...

I was going to try and run a 17x12 with ZG flares but I decided against it. I didn't want to cut up a good car that is four decades old.

Dude, I know what you mean...but I am entirely happy cutting mine up :D !!! LOL.  Thanks for posting the specs on the wheels and tires, spacers, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

1973 240Z, family owned since 1974. Original silver paint. 83,xxx miles. It sat for years with a blown head gasket in my fathers possession.

Stance:

Cosmo Racing adjustable springs with KYB struts

(front) XXR 526 17x9 +35mm offset with 1" spacer Tire 215/40/17

(rear) XXR 526 17x10 +20mm offset 1/4" spacer Tire 235/40/17

For the rear I had to roll the fenders and find longer wheel studs. 

I did everything from mounting and balancing the tires to installing the suspension with new Energy bushings so feel free to ask questions.

Beautiful car man, I appreciate the info. Do you have any additional pictures that you could share with us?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi mastermind, are you using coil overs? Also are the spacers used for keeping the rim from hitting the coil spring or for pushing the rim out to the edge of the fender for a better look? Thank you for the information.

• 2 years later...