HybridZ

New Possible wheel option

Considering these wheels for my Z.

XXR 526's

they are 17x10 4x114.3 :) lip is 4.25"

My first option was the 17x9.5/9 Rota Rb Wheels but after seeing these I kinda am split between the two.

1.) Will the XXR's fit the Z if i run the 17x10 rear and 17x9 in the front? I plan on using Coilovers with Flares

2.) How big is the Lip on the 17x9.5 Rotas?

3.) Your opinion on these wheels.

I got the same XXRs in 18x10.5 with same lip size for my 350z and placed them against the Datsun to see how they would look. I love it. Ill upload more pictures later on today. Thanks

6876512545_c3a53699d6_z.jpg

Edited by santanawhite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From here: Offset calculator

offset1.jpg

offset2.jpg

So if I am reading this correctly, which is questionable lol, with a 1 inch spacer it should leave you with 5.3 inches of backspace which should clear.

The other thing to worry about is how these will fill out the flares... So, with the spacer it will give you 5.2 inches from the mounting surface to the outside edge of the wheel, this seems like it could work since the Rota measures 5.45 inches from the mounting surface to the outside edge of the rim.

Hopefully that is all correct :blink:

How big is the lip on the rotas? looking at that diagram it looks like they're bigger. My understanding is that the XXR 526 wheels have a 4.25" lip and the Rotas are 3.5? But I dont know, i emailed racinglab and thats what they told me. Im leaning towards the bigger lip with the XXR's.

Thanks sunny.

Im a little confused now though. In the diagram the Rotas show that they have a bigger lip, but in actual measurements the Rota is ~3.5" and the XXr's are 4.24". Is there some variable im not seeing?

Are you referring to the diagram I posted?

The diagram makes it look like the lip would stop even with the mounting surface, where as with the 526's I think the mounting surface is actually more outbound (towards the fender) than where the lip stops.

Sooooo the real question is who is gonna be the first to get these and try them out...? ;)

Guest tybee260

I think it is going to be me! I'm getting 17x10 for the rear and 17x9 for the front. Hopefully be ordering these in the next week or two. And then to figure out what tires to run

Guest tybee260

Im not sure what spacers I'm going to run..ill get whatever i need as long as I can get everything to clear and fill out the flares ,ill figure that out once the wheels get here. Ill post photos and info once I get everything in my possession