HybridZ

Rich's RB25 s30 build

This is my first s30, bought it January 2011 from a guy in Atlanta, GA for $3500. Since then, I've been working on it pretty steady, taking care of the bodywork and paint and getting the ol L28 to run properly with the aftermarket cam and stock ecu :blink: .

DSCN0899.jpg

DSCN0900.jpg

DSCN0896.jpg

DSCN0901.jpg

DSCN1120.jpg

DSCN1119.jpg

DSCN1131.jpg

cut springs...

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1154.jpg

DSCN1155.jpg

ZX hood vent and fender mirrors...

DSCN1207.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1286.jpg

DSCN1295.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the real fun begins! I am currently in Korea and in the process of ordering everything I will need for the build.

RB25, Mckinney mounts, ebay turbo mani, and Freddy intake mani have already been purchased but don't have any pics of them...

Besides that, here is what I've collected so far...

ACT clutch

100_2347.jpg

T04z t67 turbo bought from used turbos.net

100_2354.jpg

IMG-20110912-00078.jpg

315848_713820960423_51201430_35393188_815094736_n-1.jpg

Precision 40mm WG

61.jpg

62.jpg

Tial BOV

64.jpg

Precision 780cc injectors

65.jpg

Greddy fuel rail, fuel sump, walbro 255

66.jpg

more fuel parts...

68.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...Not a single response or constructive criticism? In fact the only response to my build thread was the grammar police warning me about my sentence structure. I am sorry, I wasn't aware that the captions for my pics had to be in complete sentence format. I will try better next time.

It will probably be repainted after I'm done with everything else, so I will most likely paint the hood and air dam then. Honestly, I ran out of material and I was okay with leaving them black. My power goal is at least 450 at first, and then maybe a little more boost and tuning once I have some more seat time in it. I am hoping this turbo won't be too laggy though.

I figure I'll post a lil review on the CX turbo manifold that I'm using... Although the runner design obviously isn't the best, not being equal length and what not, it is made of thicker steel than I've ever seen on a CX manifold. and the welds look alot cleaner inside and out. Overall, I think it will hold up just fine, as long as it allows the t67 to spool up quick enough.

• 1 month later...

Like the work so far.

Thats a pretty big looking turbo, hopefully it won't be too laggy, when I get an RB in mine its either going to be twin turbo or a smallish single, 400hp would be plenty for me as long as it is responsive and has very little lag, I hate lag.

• 3 weeks later...

haha I wish I had something to update. Haven't been able to buy any parts in the last 2 months since I got into an accident in a government vehicle here in Korea (shitty Korean drivers) so my pay has been super slim lately. However I am about to buy some s2k seats for a super low price, and also buying an AEM boost gauge/electronic controller. That's about it. Hopefully my buddy Jon back in Mobile, AL will start putting the RB in soon.

• 1 month later...