HybridZ

Vg30dett in 70 240z? All comments welcome!

Nismodealer

^ You wouldnt be the first but it certainly isnt well documented. I know of specialty z's 280zx with the vg30dett. Having had a z32tt and getting a 280z, the first issue will be clearance. The vg is a wide motor, and you might have issues with the strut towers. Second most likely will be a combo of the height and oilpan clearance. Once you get passed that I think setting up the intercooler piping might be tough but the swap should be doable. The worst thing is you will have alot of weight up front, being compact I would hope the motor wont throw off the steering too much.

^ You wouldnt be the first but it certainly isnt well documented. I know of specialty z's 280zx with the vg30dett. Having had a z32tt and getting a 280z, the first issue will be clearance. The vg is a wide motor, and you might have issues with the strut towers. Second most likely will be a combo of the height and oilpan clearance. Once you get passed that I think setting up the intercooler piping might be tough but the swap should be doable. The worst thing is you will have alot of weight up front, being compact I would hope the motor wont throw off the steering too much.

I was trolling. There's basically an entire section here devoted to it...

• 7 months later...