HybridZ

Who's had their S30 Z over 30 years ?

Vintage-TechZ

Just curious as to how many Hybrid Z members have owned the same Z over 30 years like me ? Well actually...going on 34+ years . I bought mine with lawn mowing/snow shoveling money when I was 15 years old.-( now 49,lol).

I've had a red 70' since before my first drivers test....whew !:huh:

I've owned about 30 S30's over the years but somehow I always kept the red 70' in the stable.

Anybody else??B)

I bought my 240Z off the showroom floor in 1971. It sits in my driveway today and continues to provide driving pleasure with little fuss.

Dennis

41 years Dennis !!?? Thats what I'm talking about !B)

Vinny, October 2014 will mark 30 for my 73z, which I purchased with a fist full of cash I squirreled away while serving in the Army in Korea-early 80's.

Mark, you and I must be closer in age than I realized .

Good lord! .. I wish I could have had a Z since it was brand new! That way there would be no surprises lurking inside of it!

Not always true Marcus,lol;)

Make that 41 fun filled years. I bought the Z upon returning to the States after living in the Philippines for a year and a half. I sold my Pontiac Grand Prix there and had a pocket full of cash. At the time, demand was so high that there was a nine month waiting list for Zs unless you wanted to "buy" your way to the top of the waiting list. I paid about $600 over sticker (something that was unheard of in those days) and got the car.

Dennis

Make that 41 fun filled years. I bought the Z upon returning to the States after living in the Philippines for a year and a half. I sold my Pontiac Grand Prix there and had a pocket full of cash. At the time, demand was so high that there was a nine month waiting list for Zs unless you wanted to "buy" your way to the top of the waiting list. I paid about $600 over sticker (something that was unheard of in those days) and got the car.

Dennis

I see your in a SoCal desert area......which desert ? I was just buzzing through Anza Borrego and Borrego Springs yesterday. Driving up through Victorville today.

32 years for me. Bought it in 1980. At the time I had a 1968 Firebird and a 1970 Maverick. The 240 then replaced the Maverick that was my daily driver. And now after all these years the Z is my daily again.

Funny how things work out like that!

Here's a shot of the Firebird. This was probably in 1979.

Derek

cacc331a.jpg

Purchased my 72 in 1976 bone stock. Sold my Triumph TR6.

Lots of mods over the years. Body still stock with exception of

front and rear spoilers. One repaint by a friends Ferrari shop.

Owned her a long time. Think about selling it every year.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought my VW Microbus in 1980 with 135,000 miles on it. Still have it today.

Bought my Z in 1985. Still have it today. I know the prior owner who bought it off the original owner.

My "Blue Turd" I bought in 94 I believe...maybe earlier, but put it on the road then. Turned over 103,000 miles with me driving it since then.

And that's saying something when I've had company vehicles at my disposal for all my driving needs 1989-2008!

Bought my VW Microbus in 1980 with 135,000 miles on it. Still have it today.

Bought my Z in 1985. Still have it today. I know the prior owner who bought it off the original owner.

My "Blue Turd" I bought in 94 I believe...maybe earlier, but put it on the road then. Turned over 103,000 miles with me driving it since then.

And that's saying something when I've had company vehicles at my disposal for all my driving needs 1989-2008!