HybridZ

RB25DET transmission differences

gsxtcy

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a push or pull type on the RB25DET? I've been searching around for this and can't find out what the physical differences are. I'm sure it's an RB25 tranny, not an RB20. thanks

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/252552-push-or-pull-clutch-photo-included/

Edit: Answered my own question. Good info for anyone else who didn't know the difference!

Edited by gsxtcy

• 3 years later...

Thanks RB26powered74zcar.  I'm in the UK so there are RB25 boxes reasonably readily available over here.

OK, so basically then for an RB26 install in an S30, the push type is the best option.  However, the pull type gearboxes come with better internals.

So am I correct in thinking that a pull type which has been converted to push type would be the best way to go, the second best option is just to get a push type?

Thanks again.

I just removed from the rb26 awd trans with push clutch, the front cover plate (with the T/O bearing and lever arm) and swapped it onto the r34 rb25det pull trans after removing that front cover and pull type slave.  Then I held the push type slave cylinder in place to mark the two holes that bolt the slave on to the bell housing, to be drilled and tapped.

Just that easy...   :2thumbs:

post-181-0-72464400-1426642823_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-08466000-1426642833_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-36028300-1426642846_thumb.jpg

Just that easy...   :2thumbs:

Ha!  It seems suspiciously easy!  Thanks again for the advice, it's taken me so long to find that info  :cheers: 

Not to shift the focus of this thread but I've seen that you've provided a lot of useful assistance on this forum, I don't suppose you happen to know the answer to the other question that's currently troubling me by any chance?

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/95882-240z-dash-frame-differences-and-swap/

Thanks also for that info flatrate, no doubt it could have caught me out!

• 2 weeks later...