HybridZ

Total with this damage?

asx32

You'll need a new core support and an upper frame horn. Your strut tower is probably OK.

Actually I was considering getting my car to your shop for race settings... State Farm is going to total my car, hope I can meet you in the future with another Z :D

I saw your car coming down on the flatbed when I was riding up there. Glad to hear you're ok. Good news is there are a TON of Z cars out here you can prob swap your parts into if you go that route. I would be a little wary the LA listings as they tend to be a bit overpriced. Good luck!

Yeah, unlike Pittsburgh I could find many Zs in craiglist. Considering I had to go to Virginia and drive for 9 hours back to Pittsburgh, a bit of overpricing is far better :lol: Thank you for the valuable information.

Edited by asx32

• 1 month later...

Not a good topic to share with, I had a car accident several hours before. Before calling State Farm I wanna know about estimated repair costs. If it's not insane, wanna fix it even it costs a bit high. And suggestions for good body shops having knowledge of old Zs would be greatly appreciated. Frame seems to be twisted much. When you see the last picture you can see the driver's side seat position is a bit higher than the passenger side. Suggestions with good body shop with knowledge of Z around Pasadena or Socal Area would be very appreciated as well.

So sad. Even before coming to the US, I wish I could buy something exactly like mine. Fortunately went a grad school in US, bought my z and kept for 1.5 years. Rushed to Virginia and drove 9 hours to Pittsburgh. Finally got the job and move to SoCal just a month ago. During really tough & lonely time my Z was one of the best friends. Feel terrible to see the front of the car. It just sucks.. :( Fortunately nobody else was there, I'm not hurt just slight back/shoulder pain. A cop said recently there was another accident at exactly the same spot, same style of Ferrari. CA Angeles Crest Fwy around 5000ft point.

This is the car.

post-12055-073048200 1330305588_thumb.jpg

Pictures of today's accident:

post-12055-099501300 1330305151_thumb.jpg

post-12055-007874200 1330305161_thumb.jpg

post-12055-081686800 1330305168_thumb.jpg

post-12055-090686200 1330305175_thumb.jpg

post-12055-068524700 1330305195_thumb.jpg

post-12055-059432700 1330305205_thumb.jpg

post-12055-045484800 1330305213_thumb.jpg

post-12055-073048200 1330305588_thumb.jpg

Wow! Makes our collision look relatively minor. Good luck with your new search for a new Z if SF totals.

This is my post:

http://forums.hybrid...ched-front-end/

Ouch man Sorry about your loss. The damage is a Good amount but I don't think it's totaled. Maybe upper and lower frame is tweaked but can be fixed for sure.

I've driven Angeles crest and hwy hundreds of times but still can't quite remember all the turns. On top of that they're mainly high speed turns so it's definitely a place to take it easy. Throw in crappy road conditions for high elevation winters and you have a recipe for disaster.

PM me if you want a second pair of eyeballs to look at the damage. I've seen and fixed a couple banged up S30's. Also, PM me if you wanna check out some other fun canyon roads to play on ;)