HybridZ

280zx brake upgrade- gauging interest

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second option rotor i wanted to try did not work so i will be going with the first option. same one in the picture.

the next step is making the bracket prototype.

i will be going on a 4 week vacation so this won't be done until after June 13th.

at this time i wont be taking orders since i don't have a final price. once the bracket made and i have a price i will take pre orders. this won't be until June 13th.

Thanks for the update - I've been keeping an eye on this thread, as I'll be due for a rotor & pad replacement in the near future. Fitting under a set of 16's is great, although I've been using my stock 14's as winter wheels. :/

Thanks for the update - I've been keeping an eye on this thread, as I'll be due for a rotor & pad replacement in the near future. Fitting under a set of 16's is great, although I've been using my stock 14's as winter wheels. :/

You drive your 280 in the winter?? :0

You could always swap the brake kit back to stock equipment for winter too...big brakes won't do you much good in the snow lol

Sure do! I buy a car because I want to drive it every day, and not suffer driving something else while I wish I was driving it. :)

If I ever find the reasonably priced, non-molested, manual transmission equipped '88-91 325ix I've been wanting forever, I'll use that instead.

Sure do! I buy a car because I want to drive it every day, and not suffer driving something else while I wish I was driving it. :)

If I ever find the reasonably priced, non-molested, manual transmission equipped '88-91 325ix I've been wanting forever, I'll use that instead.

Oh man...seems like such a shame. Especially since the Z's are so prone to rot.

Mine hasn't seen rain since 2004 lol! Then comes out on sunny days and track days to get abused...lol...hence the need for big brakes! :)

Oh man...seems like such a shame. Especially since the Z's are so prone to rot.

Mine hasn't seen rain since 2004 lol! Then comes out on sunny days and track days to get abused...lol...hence the need for big brakes! :)

I'm with you. The Z stays inside when it rains.

A friend with a 1972 Pantera has a sticker for it that reads, "Dry Clean Only". Its even funnier when you know he really doesn't clean it with water!

• 1 month later...

hey guys, i'm back from vacation. anyway i have great news!i was working on the kit doing more research and i found a pad with even more surface area than the stock pads from this Toyota caliper. so i will be using this pad in the kit. it's off a 300zxtt

so now i have to make a prototype of the bracket and then make the bracket cad file. then i can cnc the first trial brackets and make adjustments until i have the finished design.

i'll keep you guys posted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...