HybridZ

280zx brake upgrade- gauging interest

the kit will come with all the parts needed to complete installation. you will not need any other parts at all. your stock master cylinder will work perfectly with this kit.

the kit comes with:

11.2" drilled and slotted zink platted front rotors

4-pot 43mm calipers

Adapter brackets (high quality)

Stainless steel brake flex lines

All hardware

Front brake pads

custom t6061 aluminum spacers (they won't change your geometry)

price of the kit is $655 plus shipping.

this is a front brake kit. not rear

So who wants one??

1. QWIKZ (Rob)

2.POTENTIAL- abes

3. josh280z - in the future

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Edan,

Is it possible to have a kit shipped out before the list is full? I realize that you would prefer to order the brackets in bulk...but I wouldn't need mine zinc plated (which is where the bulk order is likely needed). I would just paint it with caliper paint. My Z doesn't see anything other than sunny days so rust isn't an issue.

I would really like to get the car on the track this season so the sooner I have them the better for me!!

We have 2 for sure so far and a third for january so we are getting close....

C'mon guys! Let's get this done!!!

Edan: let me know...like I said, I can do without the plating to offset the "1 off" cost...Thanks for looking I to it for me.

Rob.

i actually don't know if this kit fits the stock wheels. if i had to guess i would say some 15 inch wheels and all 16 inch wheels would fit, based on my experience. i don't have a stock rim to test it. some our other customer have remedied their rubbing problem by shaving some metal off the front of the caliper face, or adding a 1/4 spacer. with this kit you can safely shave off 5mm of metal off the face of the caliper. maybe you could first get a single bracket and caliper to test fit it before you buy the kit.

Rob. i'll get back to you with an answer tomorrow, i just have to calculate the setup time and other factors.

1. QWIKZ (Rob)

2.(POTENTIAL)- abes

3. josh280z - in the future

4.aarang

5.blue destiny (in January)

6.feifongwong3 (if they fit stock wheels)

wait until i have the brackets ready to sell before you place your order. first i will make a single bracket and do a final test fit. once i see everything is perfect i will produce 10 pairs. then you can place your order. this whole process should take just over a month.

if you guys want to buy the kit in separate parts i will have all the parts in the kit sold separately on the website silverminemotors.com once the kit is available.

Edited by bajaracer