HybridZ

327 rpm max

Well guy told me it has Pete Jackson drive , polished n port dart heads n manifold , 3500 stall converter n 700vr trans, Mallory dis , 3 rows radiator, serpentine pulleys. Ithe motor s from 1965 Chevelle 327 (250)hp which it s 10:5 compression . If u were me n didn't get enough spec from guy tht doesn't know much, how much would u est the hp n rpm ability.. It has low vacuum 1hg ..

Still need more specifics about the 327. It likely has FLAT TAPPET lifters. That in itself is a limitation. The valve springs are another limitation. Going to 6500-7000 RPM is not necessary to make good power. It is most dependent on Cylinder Heads, Camshaft, Lifters, Pushrods, Valve Springs and induction system. The dangers are the flywheel/flexplate, front balancer, connecting rods being out of balance or TOO WEAK to handle the strain at those RPMs. Going safely to those RPMs takes a complete internally balanced FORGED bottom end components, good balancer and flywheel/flexplate along with aforementioned items.

There are a number of aspects that should be considered when using USED parts. If there is a goal to spin the 327 to 6500-7000 RPM, then it would seem prudent to do a magnetic particle inspection/test on the crankshaft and connecting rods. The unknown may be the number of hours and miles on the bottom end components. It is not the cylinder heads that determine what RPM the engine can be spun to. It is the strength, integrity and balance of the bottom end.

Well guy told me it has Pete Jackson drive , polished n port dart heads n manifold , 3500 stall converter n 700vr trans, Mallory dis , 3 rows radiator, serpentine pulleys. Ithe motor s from 1965 Chevelle 327 (250)hp which it s 10:5 compression . If u were me n didn't get enough spec from guy tht doesn't know much, how much would u est the hp n rpm ability.. It has low vacuum 1hg ..

Please work on your grammar and spelling.

5. This site is based in the USA, and as such, text is to be written in English. There are web sites available on the web that can translate text from many recognized official languages to English, if you don't know it. (But then how could you read this? ) Gangster-slang, or any other cute, obtuse, street-talk dialects are not tolerated. Write in clear English that does not require a current knowledge of the latest street-slang. Text message or IM shorthand does not qualify as English. Always try to use proper punctuation, spelling AND capitalization.

With the right cam, valve springs, intake, and a short block in good shape, then no problem to rev a stock 327 or 350 to 7000 rpm for quick burst. (drag race). Not for extended time periods at 7000 rpm.

Edited by Pyro

I'm not so sure about a 327 being forged from the factory. but just make sure your cam, intake, and heads are matched up to the same RPM range so you will get the most bang for your buck. but to answer yes you can spin the motor that high but it may not make power that high.