HybridZ

Fuel Rail and Fuel Pressure Regulator install- need help on plumbing

Hello All,

As you can see on the attached picture, I am in the process of cleaning up my engine bay and I have a question regarding the fuel rail and FPR plumbing. I am using the Aeromotive 13109 FPR and I know that I need O-rings and a plug for the extra inlet. My question is in regards to the length of hose after the fuel rail, but before the FPR. Will this be an issue (or enough of an issue to warrant relocating the FPR)?

Any help, advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Fuel%2BRail%2BPlumbing.JPG

I think that he might be worried about fuel pressure control response time over the length of the small diameter tubing. I've pondered it myself. If the pressure didn't build quickly enough at the injectors because the extra line between the injectors and the FPR took time to pressurize, then you could imagine a lean condition when lifting throttle or shifting down a gear (higher intake vacuum at the FPR). How lean and whether it's significant, who knows.

I think that he might be worried about fuel pressure control response time over the length of the small diameter tubing. I've pondered it myself. If the pressure didn't build quickly enough at the injectors because the extra line between the injectors and the FPR took time to pressurize, then you could imagine a lean condition when lifting throttle or shifting down a gear (higher intake vacuum at the FPR). How lean and whether it's significant, who knows.

Your engine bay make me hard in the pantalones. Would you mind sending me a PM with the modifications or posting them in this thread???

Your engine bay make me hard in the pantalones. Would you mind sending me a PM with the modifications or posting them in this thread???

Oh C'mon you can SEE what he did...

And to Jeffrox. What I did was put my FPR just near the hood latch and run my pressure line to the front of the fuel rail instead. I have like 8" of hose?

But im sure its not a huge deal unless your running on the razors edge of performance.

Edited by tyler031734

These aren't crazy mods, its pretty common. Headers, shaved N42 intake, fuel rail and lines, different trottle body( prob. a 240sx one) wire tuck....Just search peoples build threads

This was exactly what I was getting at. I was less worried once the car is on and the system is fully pressurized (I shouldnt expect too much of a drop, if any, when parked...right?) I was unsure about any play due to slack in the hose that might affect how well the FPR can modulate the pressure. I also did not figure that the 2lb difference between the recommended 38psi and the FPR's lowest 40psi setting would cause a problem, but again the additional slack was my concern.

Thanks all for your help. I will report back any ill outcomes.

The fuel pressure is the same from the FPR, all the way back through the lines to the pump. If you want to get REAL technical, there will be a SLIGHT drop each time an injector opens, but the FPR will recover quickly. By all rights you could place the FPR back at the tank, and not notice any changes in fuel pressure at the rail that are out of the ordinary, would just be a pointless endevour though.

I have my Aeromotive AFPR located where the original fuel pump was and have not had an issue.

The hose from the end of the fuel rail travels under the upper rad hose and to the FPR, so maybe a slight be shorter than yours that goes over the cam cover, but similar idea.

turbo%20pass%20after%20drive.jpg