HybridZ

Wheel Widths on Coilovers

I am looking at new wheels for my 72 and soon to be LS1/T56 transplant and was looking at wheels. Yes, BBK will be installed, most likely the Wilwood.

Checking Offset Calculator for differenecs, I was looking at a 9" width wheel with 12 offset that would take me to -1.5" difference. That seems reasonable.

So looking at all the posts, what would be the max "Suspension Side Change" a 240Z could handle with coilovers? 2" 2.5"? Anyone know? BTW- I do like a deep dish (lip) look if anyone can point me in the right direction. Seems like the 16x10 steel wheel option is out there too. Thanks.

I have 16x8 +0 with 225/50's, they fit with a very slight roll, so slight that I haven't bothered to do it yet, the rears rub very occasionally on bigger bumps with passengers.

I got these before the coilovers, I could have easily gone with nearly an inch more on the inboard side with the same clearance to the fender if I waited 'till after the coils. By coils I mean sectioned struts with sleeves and bilsteins, not the threaded adapters, not sure what the clearance is like with those. If you go with a shorter, stiffer spring you can get the lower perch above the tire and gain even more room.

I have a '71 240z with coilovers and stock wheel wells and I have 17x8 wheels on the front with 245-40 tires and 17x9 rears with 265-40s. I have a custom suspension both front and rear so my offsets probably wouldn't work for you but, if you take time to dial in the correct offsets, I don't see why the same size wheels and tires wouldn't work for you too.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ