HybridZ

Tuning questions

Dadaluma

Hello everybody I have been trying to the car tuned using ve anlyzer,(240z w/vg30et) after having my old injectors replaced which were leaking. The car is idling nicely albeit at a low afr aound 12:1, pulling 20 inches of vacuum at around 850rpm (no IAC). The problem lies in that every time load is introduced the engine will not rev past 3000 rpm and not really past 1500 rpm under load. My VE map at idle is down to 11-12 to get that rich 12:1 idle (too low ve?). I know i can adjust req fuel and rescale map for better afr's. I have 2 questions the first being what to set my injector dead time to, I had it set at 1.0ms I then bumped it up to 1.3 which seemed to stabilize rpm a little but I am still not sure what to do here. Injectors are bosch 380cc low impedance with using a inj. resistor pack from a 280zx. My second question is about setting fuel pressure, I set the fuel pressure with vac. line unhooked and then turned up the FPR until reaching 43.5 psi (factory spec for these injectors) and then hooked to vacuum dropping it to 37 psi Does this sound legitimate? req fuel is calculated 8.7 ms using alternating/2 squirts. To get it to idle in the 14:1 range pw's were an indicated 1.3 is that too low?

I am trying sendspace for file sharing as suggested by another thread hope it works for you. Thanks for any input

current tune

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rhgmlc

and datalog

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cb6ign

Edited by Dadaluma

Well thanks for the reply, I am starting to think that the problem is ignition related because when I get the the AFR's to respectable numbers (13-14) The engine will backfire and lean out under load. I really think that it is my ignition system/settings. I will try swapping my msd coil for oem and read more. Thanks again

BLOZ UP I am glad you responeded because I had a question for you. I was looking at the dyno graphs on a z31 site and noticed it said you were using 420cc injectors. Were they they the bosch injectors from the 75 mercedes 450sel? because that is what i am using and i heard they are actually 380cc at 43.5 psi can you confirm thanks.

Also I believe that my problem maybe ignition related because of how poorly the engine runs in the 13-14 afr range. and I have calibrated my wideband controller itself as well as in tunerstudio

Edited by Dadaluma