HybridZ

Turbo RB30 gt35r .82 or .63 hot side?

big-phil

I like fast spool, and I'm not a dyno kinda guy. I daily drive my Z (when it's not blown) so I'm going to use my .63 hot side on my turbo.

What do you guys think? It'll be super easy to switch from one to the other, plus my haltech platinum pro has multipal maps (I think?) so if I did go to the dyno I could actually make runs with both on the same day!

Quick spooling gives me the shits personally. I ran a stock L28ET with GT3582 0.82 hot side and I really enjoyed it. A friend ran his RB30ET track car with a 1.06 because he couldn't get any traction out of corners with the 0.82, boost came on too quickly. I guess it just comes down to personal preference?

Dave

Edited by thehelix112

.63 is fine for the street and low boost 14psi its great , but try and push it and the pressher in the exhaust manifold goes crasy , as a tuner i like the .86 with 3in out let and external gate you can take this setup to 20 psi on pump fuel and see 340kwaw and is strong from 3000rpm all the way to 7500

Hi phil

you say in the vidio that you are using a ebay ss manifold ,,, dont do it mate there not cool, i have had to repear so many turbos because the manifolds come apart inside , the stanles is cheep and not up for the job, and will cost you more in the long run, do your self a faver and dont buy cheep ebay rb parts , we are swomped with them over hear ,i dont let them near any thing i build , real manifolds like 6boost and some that are made in the US are the only way to go , not only are they made better boost responce is better, you can run the same power at lower psi .. there very cheep for a reasion there crap

Edited by PMC raceengines

Hi phil

you say in the vidio that you are using a ebay ss manifold ,,, dont do it mate there not cool, i have had to repear so many turbos because the manifolds come apart inside , the stanles is cheep and not up for the job, and will cost you more in the long run, do your self a faver and dont buy cheep ebay rb parts , we are swomped with them over hear ,i dont let them near any thing i build , real manifolds like 6boost and some that are made in the US are the only way to go , not only are they made better boost responce is better, you can run the same power at lower psi .. there very cheep for a reasion there crap

+1 the Tomei Stuff is expensive but done right.

I had a Forced Performance GT3582 HTA on my 2.6 in a full T4 1.0 A/R housing and never had spool issues with it... I will run it on my RB30 (whenever I get it back...that is) and am thinking it will spool too fast. I wouldn't get the .82, .63 seems way too small for such a big motor.