HybridZ

L28s from datsun-parts ebay store?

kce

datsun-parts is an eBay seller selling some rebuilt L28 engines. Has anyone had any dealings with this particular eBay seller? It seems to be a pretty straight forward rebuild, but I'd be interested in hearing if anyone's experience either positive or negative.

Datsun Parts LLC is notorious for falsely advertising parts, shotty workmanship and blanket denials when confronted with evidence of defects. If you buy a motor from him you have to be smoking crack...I personally know of 3 people who purchased motors from him and none were satisifed. One was a leaker...the other two didn't run...besides...you can barely build a Stroker for what he sells them for. Avoid him @ all costs.

Datsun Parts LLC is notorious for falsely advertising parts, shotty workmanship and blanket denials when confronted with evidence of defects. If you buy a motor from him you have to be smoking crack...I personally know of 3 people who purchased motors from him and none were satisifed. One was a leaker...the other two didn't run...besides...you can barely build a Stroker for what he sells them for. Avoid him @ all costs.

Wow. Good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid anything engine related that is advertised as rebuilt from this seller. A freind of mine bought a rebuilt head and it still had gunk in it that had been sprayed with silver paint to look good in a photograph. It was resurfaced, and the valve job was done, but the rockers had grooves in them and the lash was not set correctly. He did give him a refund and paid for return shipping.

Pete

• 2 months later...

I bought new parts from him...not that great, Shipping took two weeks longer than initially quoted and some parts were higher priced than other vendors. I ordered a gasket set and found one cheaper elsewhere so I cancelled his and he only refunded me half until I sent three emails and two phone calls calling him out on it. I have no experience with his rebuilt parts but his customer service skills are extremely lacking to say the least. this is my personal experience with him. Also I purchased a rising sun timing cover plate from his eBay store it was supposed to be red but arrived black, I did not call to complain and just dealt with it because of his customer service skills.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

wish I would of read this before I ordered a custom build, however I met him at his shop aand gave him a lot of my my own parts for the build, I'll let you all know what I think of the build. he does offer a complete warranty and I know where his place of business is so if it turns out to be trash I can raise some hell outside of ebay

And Alan told you this? (taken from your other thread):

so i talked to the guy whos rebuilding the engine, he builds about one of these a week so hes well versed in knowledge of these engines, the final build we decided is n42 head with the flat top pistons so the compression will be 10-1, he said i can run on pump gas of 91 with no issue, but with the cam and compression may have to advancethe timing a little. he said he has made builds likes these a few times and both worked well.

Now i asked what are my chances of passing smog with this build, he said should be alright as long as my emissions equipment is working and my catalytic converter is fresh and new. so lets hope this is true, if not it looks like ill be buying a smog

If he is claiming that engine is smog legal (will pass smog) he can get shut down and fined by the California BAR.

And, as a bunch of us mentioned in the other thread, this engine will not pas smog.

• 7 months later...

I thought it did pass smog.

That said, I would still listen to the testimonials of others receiving dirty parts and incorrect assembly.

It did pass smog, that post was from almost  year ago, and he was proved wrong. Sometimes the Big Boys around here aren't always right