HybridZ

The Stroker Chronicles

black240

Hey guys I just wanted to share with yall the strokification of my s30.

post-11436-093301000 1332825075_thumb.jpg

Here’s what’s happened thus far. Took the Datsun Parts LLC stroker to Ericks Racing Engines. There I had them disassemble the block in preparation for balancing, since I heard LLC just slapps their stuff together like that. Lone behold I find dirt under the head gasket (see attached image)!!

post-11436-067013900 1332824724_thumb.jpg

I’m having Elias Alaniz take care of the porting.

post-11436-029078000 1332824872_thumb.jpg

He did a baseline run of both my p90 and n42. At low lift the p90 beat the n42, but the same could not be said twards the higher numbers. Ill post a list of values so yall can check em out soon. So far hes pulled off 208 cfm .550 valve lift 28" of H20, keep in mind this is an intermediate reading.

I removed my current mikuni intake manifold and carbies from my current l24 today. Gona drop em off tomorrow to further the head work. I’ll keep yall posted with the results!

Hey I started watching your youtube videos awhile ago. Its Brickmuffin right? Perfect240z is my youtube name, Your going stroker now? You should make a video blog on your youtube channel so we can see your progress :)

Hey man! I didn't know you were on hybridz. you know what video blogging this is a great idea! i just gota find my camera charger heheh

Hey man! I didn't know you were on hybridz. you know what video blogging this is a great idea! i just gota find my camera charger heheh

Yea man, had to join! I have been doing a lot since im fully restoring my car and doing some minor upgrades(i.e. triple mikuins instead of Su's, oil catch can, electric fan, better raditior) And if I can get my wife to do this...suede/alcantara like interior. WE'll see on that one lol. I just pm'd you my build thread. I'll be watching yours, I was going to do a stroker build later on, but I may be turning away from that since the price to put it together and the amount of power you get is not a lot. I did however get a MN47 head and can do flat tops on my spare f54 block and run a high compression with a better cam and exhaust. We'll see good luck with your build! I'll be watching.

Yea man, had to join! I have been doing a lot since im fully restoring my car and doing some minor upgrades(i.e. triple mikuins instead of Su's, oil catch can, electric fan, better raditior) And if I can get my wife to do this...suede/alcantara like interior. WE'll see on that one lol. I just pm'd you my build thread. I'll be watching yours, I was going to do a stroker build later on, but I may be turning away from that since the price to put it together and the amount of power you get is not a lot. I did however get a MN47 head and can do flat tops on my spare f54 block and run a high compression with a better cam and exhaust. We'll see good luck with your build! I'll be watching.

Same here bruda! well, watchin yours that is lol

ANy updates on the build? What else should we not buy from Datsun LLC lol

Weeeeeeeeell. today ended up being a intake day. I stopped by the shop after class. we slapped on 3 different IMs on my ported n42. At 28" of water and 550 lift (i think it was 550) we got the following info:

Raw Head CFM: 207

With SK Racing (Ported) IM: 197

With Cannon IM: 161

With Mikuni IM: 145

I figured i would stick with the cannon since super fast response is not as important as potential power to me.

The mikuni's the shortest of the bunch. sk is the polished. cannon has a big ars stamp on it lol

post-11436-003378500 1333432439_thumb.jpg

post-11436-072949700 1333432451_thumb.jpg

post-11436-077010900 1333432474_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How much is this stroker build costing you? If you don't mind me asking...

Hey sorry about the lag. So far ive spent about 3500 on everything. Note, this build is by no means complete! as a matter of fact i thought i could get away with re-using the aftermarket clutch... boy was i wrong.

I didn't know you had an aftermarket clutch.

What do you still need? and how much did the all the headwork cost?

yea me neither! we found out when we pulled the l24. as for the head work price i was very hooked up

• 1 month later...

oh snap, i forgot to update!

To Do: Need a catch can, 2mm head gasket (im to cheap for 100 octain), finish porting, optimize my jetting, LSD, wider/sticky-er tires. heh, even with my grip less clutch im still breaking loose coming out of corners.

Mods: Well since we were tuning last minute for MSA we ended up drilling the main fuel jets. So i went ahead and recently replaced them with 165s from WCR. I also bought an Exedy Stage 2 clutch kit since my current clutch is giving out.

062112081201.th.jpg

062412234002.th.jpg

062512183300.th.jpg

I'm bummed I missed MSA this year, I would have liked to see that thing run. My Z wasnt ready anyway. What did you make on the dyno this time?

about 205hp n 215ftlb. its ok for the first attempt, but much more work is a comin!

Did you finally port exhaust on head?

nope! my porter is currently working on a head for JohnC. I figured i would give him some space until he's done. Not to mention, i think my current 5 speed might be going out. ive got some grinding from 1-2 and crazy grinding (when pushing it) from 2-3. so i dont want to mess with the head until i sort out some power transmission troubles. considering the way i drive, i need an lsd NOW. furthermore, i was beating the sh*t out of my Z and managed to spring an oil leak somewhere around the timing cover. It leaks in just the right direction to make my belt slip -_-'' to be honest i want to pull the motor again and do it over. I used alot of the parts that the stroker originally came with, and i honestly believe that was a HUGE mistake. flippin datsun parts llc, how you make my head hurt.